High end binos comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High end binos comparison

Iade the mistake of stopping by bass pro shop this evening and looking at some swarofski el and Leica ultravid hd 10x42. To me the Leica look a touch more crisp but the guy told me the swaro have better customer service and warranty. My question to you guys is how do you think they compair, at this price range is customer service actually needed? These are both top of the line best of the best glass my money can buy. I've put off buying top of line glass until this point but, I'm hooked now I can't help it. Please only guys who actually own a pair of these, no haters no nonsense about them being too much or blah blah blah. Thanks,

A good one to throw in the mix would be a set of Zeiss binos.

Comment

Have you looked through the Vortex Razor HDs? I was going to buy my wife a set of Swarovskis this year, but on the advice of a friend I had her look through some Vortex before making the purchase. She fell in love, and after looking through them, I'm amazed at the quality as well.

Comment

I'm a Swaro guy. However, if I found a set of Leica demo's or other deal I'd be all over it. They are so close in quality, its chev vs ford.

You won't regret either purchase. After 12 hours behind either, you'll wonder how you owned anything else. Anything will work for an hour. IMO those two are in their own class.

Pull the trigger!

Comment

I've got a good friend with the Leica...very nice....very, very nice.

Are they $2600 better than my Vortex HDs?... not to me they aren't. Plus, I actually hunt with mine and I don't cry every time they get a knock or rained on.
          "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Comment

When I was looking into upgrading my binos asked around to people who know good glass selling leica and swaro and they said the vortex is a very compairble bino. So that is what I went with and they seem really great. I think they are the razor or what ever the top vortex model is called. How ever I did buy a swaro spotting scope

Comment

I looked at the vortex razors. Swaro and Leica in the $1-1600 range are very very close but the higher end stuff there's no comparison. I hate to drop that kind of coin for binos Heck I've had many a good vehicle for that much money but I've got some extra stuck back for a project I've sort of lost interest in and will get more use out of new binos. I do own a vortex razor spotting scope for the money and warranty it's good but, the low light or really over cast is what gets me. I'll be using mine every weekend up here or back home in ky, if I drop the hammer now I won't be buying new binos every 5-7yrs like I have in the past. I'm just getting spoiled I guess, while Schmidt and bender scopes are still out of my reach I really want one...

Comment

You asked if customer service is actually needed on the high end glass. Yes. My Zeiss spotter had an issue after a scouting trip, I called customer service and told them I have 2 hunts coming up and would need my spotter in 2 weeks. They said not possible since it will be sent to Germany for repair but, we will send you a loaner scope. Sure enough less than a week after I sent mine I had a brand new spotter with a brand new eye piece waiting for me at Fed ex. So customer service IS great when you need it at the most inopportune time. Good luck in your purchase
                Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Comment

I've just returned from Africa, every PH I met and talked to used Leicas. As my PH said "We make our living with our eyes, so we have the best".

Comment

I have the Swarovski 8.5X42 EL's. Twice now I have returned them for a full cleaning, once after a hunt in Africa and once after a hunt in New Zealand. Both times they were returned looking brand new, with new updated eye caps and strap, all at n/c. The cost of them means they are a fairly serious investment and the company stands by them 100%. Can't speak for the other brands.

Comment

So the key like anything else is to be nice to whomever you speak with on the phone...lol the Leica to me look a touch more crisp guess it's a waiting game for a week or so to see where I can find the best deal on both.

Comment

WOW.......and I thought that most hunters used a Simmons 3 to 9X rifle scope for spotting game. (Intended as sarcastic humor).

Spend four to five times as much money on Binos as you have invested in your rifle. So a $199.-- rifle owner needs $1,000.00 binos. He will see and harvest more game than the hunter with the $1,478.00 rifle and $319.00 binos.

You will not see the difference in quality while looking in the store. If you want to see the difference in quality, spend 14 hours on a look-out point, sitting on your arse, trying to find a mouse or red back vole in an alder field a mile away. The quality difference is in how fatigued your eyes are.
                        "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbuster0006 View Post
                          So the key like anything else is to be nice to whomever you speak with on the phone...lol the Leica to me look a touch more crisp guess it's a waiting game for a week or so to see where I can find the best deal on both.
                          Support the folks who took the time to sell them to you, if customer service really matters.

Comment

Yes service matters at all price points. Even the best optics can be stepped on by a horse.

Comment

I have a pair of Swaro 10x42 EL range binos and love them, but I've never put them side by side with the Leica's. I've owned Swaro binos and or spotters for over 10 years now and as far as customer service or warranty goes, I can't say as I've never had a problem with any of them.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X