NIGHT VISION hunting equipment.......Questions.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIGHT VISION hunting equipment.......Questions.

Well, I am ready to jump into night vision hunting. Having spent a few years learning about this, and still uncomfortable with the decision on what to buy. I wonder if many or any of you are using night vision equipment........???

My guess is that there is zero market in Alaska for used Night Vision optics should I be disenchanted with my equipment choice. So for this reason I figure to by-pass the low end priced equipment.

Any knowledgeable users on this forum........??? I figure to start with a quick release firearm sight, most likely thermal.

Check out TNVC.com. They have great night vision and thermal optics.

Comment

I have been, they are a forum sponsor of 6.8 SPC forum.

Originally posted by akdaniels View Post
      Check out TNVC.com. They have great night vision and thermal optics.

Comment

What are you hunting with night vision? As far as I know, hunting deer and big game with night vision is illegal...

Comment

That is "Classified Information" which requires rank of Team Leader or above in Hopeland Security. I think there is no legal issue with Night Vision for hunting in Alaska. Only restriction is use of a Light (Illumination) in the taking of game.

Originally posted by Anythingalaska View Post
          What are you hunting with night vision? As far as I know, hunting deer and big game with night vision is illegal...

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
            I think there is no legal issue with Night Vision for hunting in Alaska...
            Think again. A quick read of the ADFG hunting regulations would have answered your question.

Alaska

General Hunting Restrictions for all Game:

You may not take game by... "...using a pit, fire, laser sight, electronically enhanced night vision scope"

And it is actually listed in a different category than artificial light.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...s_complete.pdf

Comment

SORRY......but "I" did NOT have a question. You fabricated that it involved something, That is did not involve. I said......."HUNTING" you fabricated "GAME". Hunting could include (In Alaska) many animals which are "NOT" classified as "GAME". NOTE: some animals have four legs, and some animals have less. In-fact many animals have NO legs.

Think again. A quick read of the ADFG hunting regulations would have answered your question.

Alaska

General Hunting Restrictions for all Game:

You may not take game by... "...using a pit, fire, laser sight, electronically enhanced night vision scope"

And it is actually listed in a different category than artificial light.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...s_complete.pdf

Comment

Hold your horses there AGL4now, I think anythingalaskawas just trying to keep you out of trouble. I've seen the regs and it seemslike a gray area (define scope?).

Anyways I have a buddy that uses a night vision when predator hunting and saysit works great! (note its not his gun scope just a monocular thathe scans with) I don't think he has anything expensive. I would probably startout with something cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                  Hunting could include (In Alaska) many animals which are "NOT" classified as "GAME". NOTE: some animals have four legs, and some animals have less. In-fact many animals have NO legs.
                  It can?

"Game:

any species of bird, mammal, reptile, including a feral domestic animal, found or introduced to the state, except domestic birds and mammals; game may be classified as big game, small game, furbearers, or other categories."

So enlighten me...which animals are you referring to? You going to go hunt the neighbors cat?

Comment

Sorry, but that is "Classified Information".

It can?

"Game:

any species of bird, mammal, reptile, including a feral domestic animal, found or introduced to the state, except domestic birds and mammals; game may be classified as big game, small game, furbearers, or other categories."

So enlighten me...which animals are you referring to? You going to go hunt the neighbors cat?

Comment

Mebbe the neighbor - or his pet boa constrictor?? LOL.

Comment

ATN night spirit is a great, durable and long running with abuse kinda night vision optic. I use mine in the winter, due to our long nights and spot things identafyably out to 200 yards, further on a moon light night.

For a weapons NV device, you dont need any reason to own one, just $$, but I see you know that AGL Mine is not a weapons night sight,, but I have shot a rifle with a Yukon NVG ,if I remember correct like, and it was alotta fun
                        If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.:topjob:

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Comment

I think possibly AGL is hunting two legged people who make unexpected visits to his compound.
                          2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I agree ATN seems to have good stuff for the money.

Comment

Footer Ad Module 300 x 300

Collapse

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X