Feds are @ it again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feds are @ it again...

Proposing to shut down brown bear hunting on the refuge between Sept and May. All of us should be concerned, whether bear hunters or not.

This should be no surprise. They said they'd do this when the seasons were liberalized and baiting was allowed by the Board of Game.

Comment

I would think after salmon, bears bring most critter money to the state and fed parks. At some point the state will have to come up with a plan to balance hunters and other meat eaters for the limited number of meat animals Alaska can sustain at this time. There will be a time that brown bear baiting will be looked at the same as when we had bounties on eagles and dolly varden.JMOFO
      Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

It's not a surprise, Brian, but they'd let it drop for a while.
        I won't get into my feelings about baiting, but I brought this to the forefront because I think such restriction could go beyond brown bear.

Comment

Originally posted by sayak View Post
          I brought this to the forefront because I think such restriction could go beyond brown bear.
          They hinted at that at this years black bear baiting raffle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Posted this a couple weeks ago.
            http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...Feds-amp-BEARS
            Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Both SCI and Senator Murkowski have sent letters to the refuge asking them to reconsider.

Brett

Comment

Proposing to shut down brown bear hunting on the refuge between Sept and May. All of us should be concerned, whether bear hunters or not.
                Heard about them wanting to do this quite awhile ago now. I had to laugh though when the radio announcement said it would be a "temporary" closure. Sept.- May.....real temporary eh? I think they really mean temporarily for a few seasons.....
                Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

The feds need to stay out of state issues.. Problem is we still have too many brown bears so I guess it's back to the SSS

Comment

Originally posted by 0321Tony View Post
                    The feds need to stay out of state issues.. Problem is we still have too many brown bears so I guess it's back to the SSS
                    Problem is, the refuge is fed's and they treat it as separate from Alaska. The American people as a whole feel that brown bear, wolves and other predators are way cooler than moose, and it is my belief that the FWS reflects that value and will carry it out on their land.

Comment

The feds need to stay out......
                      There.......fixed it for you.........lol
                      Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

The feds need to stay out
                        Thats what the majority said in 59 just as they learned the Alaska elected didn't listen to the people even back then

Comment

Problem is, the refuge is fed's and they treat it as separate from Alaska. The American people as a whole feel that brown bear, wolves and other predators are way cooler than moose, and it is my belief that the FWS reflects that value and will carry it out on their land.
                          And the biggest problem with this is that you get too many "cool" wolves and bears, they eat everything and then you have nothing.

Comment

And the biggest problem with this is that you get too many "cool" wolves and bears, they eat everything and then you have nothing.
                            Its even more ridiculous than that, there is a few employees over there that have a soft spot for the cute fuzzy critters and they are the primary drivers of these closures. I wish it wasn't that simple, but it is.

Comment

Not knowing the level of brown beats you have I'll stay out of that part.
                              The Feds needing to stay out of state business I totally agree with however.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X