36 hr Hope Goat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36 hr Hope Goat

Many thanks to Nick (last year had success on this hunt) and to my buddy Chris, for going in with me. Was an awesome experience and successfully tagged my first MT. Goat. What a blast. Only goat we saw and 10 mins after we got to the top. 7 bears total and pretty good weather.
    We documented the whole hunt. I will post story later with many more pics.
    Attached Files
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Congratulations on your first Goat! :topjob:

Comment

Congrats. I got my first goat A couple years ago, a pretty awesome experience
      Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

Congrats! Great picture and beautiful country! Looking forward to the story and more pictures!
        US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Comment

A great goat and a cool hunt. Congratulations! Glad i could help

Comment

Beautiful - looking forward to reading the write up!

Comment

Congrats! I had never really thought about goat hunting before...but I think it's starting to appeal to me more and more. Can't wait to see the rest of the photos!

Comment

Congrats and I am also looking forward to the story! Looks like spectacular weather and wonderful country....

Every time I see a successful goat hunt, I think to my 'successful' goat hunt - the challenge and overcoming a bit of a fear of heights to walk a ridge line that was scary going down either side.
                Wish I hadn't lost my goat to a cliff, but such is life. He was actually in a perfect location to butcher, until he give the 'death kick'. Maybe someday I will give goat hunting another go.
                Taxidermy IS art!
                www.alaskawildliferugs.com
                Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Comment

7 "BEARS" ?????:question:

(Are you kidding) ...........come-on, everyone knows there are no bears in this area..........roud:
                  ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Congratulations! That's an awesome picture!

Comment

Congrats, They are an amazing animal!

Comment

Some times a long walk up pays off,big congrats.
                        Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Thanks everyone. Yeah was a pretty intense hike up.. Actually wrapped my pack in a tarp and launched it down a 500ft section on the way back down.. way to steep with a 80lb ruck. Used an old technique with a rope and went down with it.. Was a pretty quick ride...lol

yeah..AGL4now.. No bears in those hills..

still putting all pics together. Have to go get goat sealed tomorrow, run to taxidermist and pick up last year bou and drop off goat.

going for a 3/4 mount or half.

Can't wait for my next opportunity to chase another one.
                          President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
                          http://akwaterfowl.com
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
                          AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
                          Gen.1:26
                          And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Comment

This was my first goat hunt and I was really glad I got to be a part of it. Definitely the hardest work I think I've ever done. A very steep climb in. A steep hill for the kill and cleaning and a steep hike out. My legs STILL hurt. Really cool experience though and a super great looking animal.
                            Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X