Two weeks into Sheep hunting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two weeks into Sheep hunting....

Two weeks into the season, 10 legal rams passed up, 2 hogs we couldn't get too, and we have 2 more weeks of chasing them left!

My son Kyle's very heavy horned ram......
    "Mountains are not fair or unfair, they are just dangerous" ~ Reinhold Messner

That's a beaut! Your hard work paid off!
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Comment

Wowzur, wonder what the HOGS looked like. That sure is a beauty. Congrats to the family.

Comment

Oh my goodness! That is a huge ram!!! Details???

Comment

That is an awfully fine ram, sir. Tell your son congratulations!

Comment

Ditto.............

Originally posted by brian m View Post
            that is an awfully fine ram, sir. Tell your son congratulations!
            "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

Originally posted by mossyhorn View Post
              Oh my goodness! That is a huge ram!!! Details???
              Thanks guys!

His ram is 41 1/4" on the long side....Kurt Racicot (Stone Glacier packs) and I scored it today at 168 5/8...would have went 171 if the right side wouldn't have been boomed!

This ram will be mounted life-size...grin!

Comment

He was 13.5" on the bases, but carried the mass out the horns! We put him at 11 years old.

gott'a love them Stone Glacier packs!

Comment

Awesome as always,, can't wait to see what you can find in the coming weeks.

Steve
                  "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

Originally posted by ramhunter View Post
                    I've been curious for some time. I don't suppose they want me to do a gear review on my DCUA hunt starting in a week?

Comment

CONGRATES - I heard its more about the guys packing the packing the packs then the packs themselves!
                      Wes

Originally posted by ramhunter View Post
                      He was 13.5" on the bases, but carried the mass out the horns! We put him at 11 years old.

Comment

Wow , Nice Ram Dave!!! You guys are some Sheep Hunting Machines, as expected though, get the boys hunt out of the way so he can go back to school and you and your buddy go chase some more big ones ....Congrats to your boy on a great ram !!!

Comment

What a beautiful ram. Congrats to you both. I hope to see one of those bigger sheep you speak of as that one has me floored already!

AZinAK

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                            I've been curious for some time. I don't suppose they want me to do a gear review on my DCUA hunt starting in a week?
                            Yea, I'm sure that can happen, I'll talk with Kurt, if nothing else I have an extra SG pack that you can use!

Comment

Originally posted by kahahawai View Post
                              Wow , Nice Ram Dave!!! You guys are some Sheep Hunting Machines, as expected though, get the boys hunt out of the way so he can go back to school and you and your buddy go chase some more big ones ....Congrats to your boy on a great ram !!!
                              Thanks Chuck!.....hoping you're all healed up, you have to be your wife's packer starting Sept 5!....Good Luck! hoping she gets a hog!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X