Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of rifle was Alaska Nellie using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of rifle was Alaska Nellie using?

What kind of rifle was that?:

www.freightercanoes.com

Looks to me like a sportized '03, but the front sight looks more like an Enfield.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Comment

I think there might be two rifles in that footage.
      Love that bit of film.

Comment

Maybe just the film, but when I first saw the clip I thought what a huge cleaning rod she was using.

Comment

What a wonderful bit of history. My guess is an Enfield, maybe Springfield 03, It looked bigger then her. How did she ever kill all that stuff with an old rifle with out a scope and today's super bullets. Ahh, the real good old days, I'm jealous.

Comment

Hard to tell, but my first guess was an Enfield.

Comment

Maybe it's in her book. You can find it in your local library.

Comment

The video was tough to see but my first guess would be a sporterized 30-40 krag or a sporterized 03 springfield, both were quite popular in Ak. back in the day..............
                I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................

Comment

.30-40 Krag. At 0.37 second she turns the rifle slightly and you can easily see the shadow cast by the thumb catch of the loading gate. A 220 grain roundnose at 2100fps would penetrate like a torpedo. But I still like my .375 W.
                  Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Comment

Read her book a couple of times,what a lady.If I recall she hunted with different guns through the years and hunted to not starve many times.
                    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X