My wife got a ram!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife got a ram!

My wife connected on a nice full curl on the last day of our unguided 7 day hunt in the Alaska Range. We flew in with 40 mile air. We chased this guy for five days and he never got in closer than 550 yards. On day seven she got a chance at a 320 yard shot and connected. It was a steep shot with a bit of wind and she lead it perfectly and put him down solid with a shot to the shoulder. It was late in the day so we got to sleep under our emergency blankets .

Lots of 3/4 and 7/8 curl rams out there.....not too many full curl. Pilot said the late spring snow put the hurt on em'.
    Attached Files

Nice ram congrats!
    Not all those who wander, are lost.

Comment

congrats, nice ram

Comment

Yay! Love to hear about successful women sheep hunters.Tell her congrats!

Sounds like she earned it and is quite a shot!

Juli
        Taxidermy IS art!
        www.alaskawildliferugs.com
        Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Comment

Simply wonderful, I love hearing about couples sheep hunting together! Congratulations to both of you on an awesome ram, your persistence obviously paid off!

Comment

Excellent! Nicely done by your wife, and how great for you that you got to share that time together. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

At least if was your wife you were snuggled up to all night

Congrats to you both.

Comment

Congrats to your bride and to you for finding a great women.
                Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Originally posted by bigskyguy View Post
                  Lots of 3/4 and 7/8 curl rams out there.....not too many full curl. Pilot said the late spring snow put the hurt on em'.
                  Sounds like a repeat of my 2013 hunt in that area.

Good job on keeping on him.

Comment

That is AWESOME! Great job by both of you.

Comment

Beauty!!! Congrats to you Both!!

Comment

Congratulations! That's great to see your wife getting out and hunting hard! Looks like a great ram and one big bodied sheep!

Comment

Watching my wife take her first sheep has been the highlight of my sheep hunting. Congrats to you both!!! She is now a member of the sheep hunting Brother and Sisterhood.

CONGRATS!!!!!!

Steve
                          "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

Congratulations to you and your wife! That is a beautiful ram!

My wife is accompanying me on my archery sheep hunt this fall. I hope to return the favor next year and help her hunt for her first ram.

Comment

awesome job man..I know your stoked!!
                              President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
                              http://akwaterfowl.com
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
                              AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
                              Gen.1:26
                              And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X