Stupid and dangerous hunters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid and dangerous hunters...

I turned on the idiot box and thought I would watch the Hunt Alaska show, the one that has been mostly about Kodiak bear hunting. Yes it is dumb as a box of rocks, but what the heck. So here is the rancher guy looking around for the cattle killing bear. I don't blame the bear one bit for being a bear and liking the taste of beef. So the guy has his scoped rifle and no binoculars, yup he was using his rifle scope to look around and I was filled with disgust. I have been scoped once that I know of and told the guy what I thought about some one pointing a rifle at me and to make it worse he had a pair of binoculars around his neck and denied doing it. I have also watched 4 others do it over the years and reminded all of them that it was a dangerous practice. Why can't some hunters get it through their head that a rifle scope is only a sighting instrument and not a pair of binoculars, ****ed idiots make me cuss. I ain't in favor of a bunch of laws but I would be in favor of one that said you have to have a pair of binoculars around your neck if your packing a rifle with a scope on it.

That makes my blood boil as well...

I did hear a story of a guy who left another hunter a note to that effect... affixed to the hood of his truck with a steel tent spike pounded through the metal.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Comment

Stupid and dangerous hunters...

I sure hope you guys stay out of politics.

Pull the bolt, no big deal to use a scope for viewing.

I agree that doing it to look at people is a bad habit.

Comment

Originally posted by limon32 View Post
        Is agree that doing it to look at people is a bad habit.
        In which case the hunter being viewed probably would know that the bolt was pulled.......
        Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

You can't regulate common sense. We don't need more laws.

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
            In which case the hunter being viewed probably would know that the bolt was pulled.......
            Not following you?

Comment

Not following you?
              Sarcasm. You know bolt is pulled but person you are viewing has no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
                ....And the laws in some states now would allow him to shoot you in self defense.
                ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                  ....And the laws in some states now would allow him to shoot you in self defense.
                  As they should!

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                    That's true.

I had a bow drawn on me once. I was around 10 yrs old. My dad, my stepbrothers and I were out scouting an area during now season. We were wearing orange and found a muscadine thicket. We started picking. A hunter saw the bushes shaking and heard the noise but didn't see us. He had his bow drawn and luckily for us he didn't shoot into the thicket. He did apologize profusely. I remember my dad accepting the apology after he chewed the guy out.

Comment

As they should!
                      Agreed. My point being that if you point a rifle at somebody, whether you've removed the bolt or not, you should be expecting to draw fire.
                      ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                      I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                      The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Thanks I'm a bit slow...

Comment

Rule #2, "Never let the muzzle cover any thing your not willing to destroy". Best wishes and have a safe hunting season.

Comment

That's true.

I had a bow drawn on me once. I was around 10 yrs old. My dad, my stepbrothers and I were out scouting an area during now season. We were wearing orange and found a muscadine thicket. We started picking. A hunter saw the bushes shaking and heard the noise but didn't see us. He had his bow drawn and luckily for us he didn't shoot into the thicket. He did apologize profusely. I remember my dad accepting the apology after he chewed the guy out.
                            Not trying to be the "One-Upper" guy but I got shot at once while stalking a deer. The shooter was 600-700 yards across a broad canyon and I unwittingly side-hilled below another (buck?) bedded above about 50 yards--never saw that deer but heard it clattering across the rocks above me. I was wearing a long sleeved shirt and a ball cap both in hunter orange. It was semi open chaparral country. The only orange the shooter had on was a ball cap and I could see him plainly. He could see me.

By the way, a rifle bullet lobbed from far off makes a distinct sound as it passes near you. Kinda of a mix or humming bird and angry bee. Guy shot at me 4 times within 10 seconds or so. Closest strike was about 10 feet away. Never having been shot at before I did not recognize the sound at first, until a moment later when it ricochetted off the rocks 10 yards upslope. There was no cover so I just pressed myself to the ground and waited. I came very close to shooting back with intent to kill.

Point? If you ever knowingly scope another human being while hunting, you're a ****** bag.
                            If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Comment

Thanks I'm a bit slow...
                              Not as slow as me. Trust me. I'm slower than molasses in winter.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X