Finally connected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally connected

Its nothing spectacular but after putting in a lot of time and energy in to different hunts I finally connected. I was looking for a bull but didnt see one in 2 days of scouting and about 50 miles of driving.

Shot her at about 250 yds. Rd hit the very bottom of the spine and took a sharp turn and hit the back hip. She dropped right where I shot her.

Guess that was a good thing. I was all by myself and getting her loaded up was a real chore. I got my rig stuck not long after that as well and luckily some other hunters stopped and helped me out. I repaid the deed not 2 miles back down the trail when I ran it some guys whose frame snapped on their 6 wheeler. Funny how that stuff works out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bou.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	2513889
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Congrats. It doesn't take a monster bull to be a successful hunting trip. Glad you connected with one
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

Comment

Definitely a purdy animal. I love cow meat. Big antlers are cool but cow makes for great eating. Topjob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Alaskan expat, civil engineer, FAA consultant.

Comment

Success is having meat in the freezer and great memories of a safe and fun time. Congrats!
        Taxidermy IS art!
        www.alaskawildliferugs.com
        Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Comment

Nice...nothing wrong with a nice big cow. Tasty stuff there! Congratulations!
          "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Comment

Originally posted by JuliW View Post
            Success is having meat in the freezer and great memories of a safe and fun time. Congrats!
            Success is great memories of a safe and fun time..........meat in the freezer is a great bonus..............lol.
            Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

It sure was a fantastic feeling. Lots of sore muscles today but that meat sure smells good. I dropped the bulk of it at the processor today. Letting the ribs and back strap hang a bit. Ribs are hitting the smoker and I've got some stuff planned for that back strap too!

Comment

Congrats!

I'm sure those straps will be tasty.
                I think about hunting when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day. And I think about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm doing it. ~credit to Carl Yastrzemski~

Comment

Success is Success. I haven't shot a cow yet but I would if I didn't always get stuck with these bull only hunts. Coming home with the prize is what counts.

Comment

what caused the frame to snap on the 6x6?

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
                      what caused the frame to snap on the 6x6?
                      Cheap construction would be my guess. The "frame" was 1 in HOLLOW square tube. Not exactly quality construction. I suspect that over time the way the shock is mounted on those 6 wheel drive deals that the strain of bouncing up and down just wore that hollow walled square tube out.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X