Sheep closed in units 23 and 26A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheep closed in units 23 and 26A

Didn't know if anyone else saw this but here it is from F&G. Hope people out in the field don't get screwed. http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/ap...08-08-2014.pdf

Didn't see that one coming. First The moose now the sheep.
    Your US government managing for extinction since 1776
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Comment

Winston Churchill “Never let a good crisis go to waste”

Comment

Good luck with that F&G..........how many guys already left on the hunt 2 or three days ago....???

Sheesh.......!!!!
        Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Yeah no joke right? That's on F&G

Comment

If the #'s are correct, this is most definitely needed, but really, they couldn't have announced this a little sooner?

Comment

Originally posted by AK Troutbum View Post
              If the #'s are correct, this is most definitely needed, but really, they couldn't have announced this a little sooner?
              Exactly......kinda like closing the Kenai AFTER the kings are gone.......
              Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
                Good luck with that F&G..........how many guys already left on the hunt 2 or three days ago....???

Sheesh.......!!!!

No doubt! There is no excuse for issuing an EO 2 days before the opener. Guys have already spent thousands getting dropped off before the 10th. I used to go in on the 7th so I would have a day or two to scout out the area and find a good spot to set up camp.

So what happens when folks start wandering in 5-6 days from now with sheep?

Comment

Wow, a little late in the game to be making this announcement F&G!!

Comment

PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Comment

They knew last year the sheep numbers were very,very low!! I wonder what takes them so long to make a decision on a closure? Kind a like the clams, and crabs. And soon to be shrimp??

Comment

I hunted the DeLong mtns last season, too bad they hadn't shut it down before I spent all that $. :shot:
                        Vegetables aren’t food, vegetables are what food eats.

Comment

NW alaska seems to be suffering from multiple species declines (remember WACH count was down also) or really poor critter counting jobs and F&G staff who refuse to admit such.
                          Perhaps we will see a moose decline in unit 23 soon!
                          I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
                          I have less friends now!!

Comment

I be seeing red about right now if I dropped 5k on a hunt that never happened.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X