Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airboat/Small Boat Dropoff Wanted

Greetings,
    I'm looking for an air boat drop off, or a small boat that can navigate the river, and maybe pick up (or we can float out via raft) in the 20 Mile River/Placer River area around August 25 or Labor Day weekend or whenever you have a day available during the season. We an any bull permit for that area. If there someone, private or commercial, that you know or can recommend I would appreciate it.

Don't need and airboat to get to were the moose are.... In either drainage.... Hike up the mountain till you can see the hole drainage.... Spot and go get your moose.... I get a small inflatable and go up 20 mile 4 or 5 miles and you find them in the middle of the flats.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Comment

You need a boat with a jet unit.

Comment

I've run both rivers successfully and harvested a moose in a jet boat on the Placer.
        Neither are difficult to run if you have some experience.
        BK
        BK Marine Services 232-6399
        Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
        Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
        Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Thanks for the info

I have a flat bottom river boat... 22 feet with a jet unit. So you think that would make it up the river?

Comment

Easy as pie!

Yes, no problem at all. I was running an 18' Alumaweld stryker w/a jet.
            You'll do fine. Why not make a couple runs before season to do a little scouting and test your skills?
            BK
            Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
            Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Skip the idea of going up the 20 Mile for Moose, turn around and look to the left at the Portage River and bag a Bison at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center 5 minutes away.

Sobie2

Comment

Originally posted by bkmail View Post
                Yes, no problem at all. I was running an 18' Alumaweld stryker w/a jet.
                You'll do fine. Why not make a couple runs before season to do a little scouting and test your skills?
                BK
                Just be careful going over the falls on the Placer Rv. (60 48 23/148 59 43)

Comment

Roger that, it's only there at low tide though......jumped it with a moose in the boat coming out.
                  Its do-able.....

TLY, there is a 2' tall "waterfall" on the Placer overflow side just a short ways up from the bridge. The guys with Extreme shallows can jump it going up river (wouldn't recommend it hough if your going hunting). Just run in/out on the high tide and you'll be fine.

BK
                  Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Thanks BK for all your information. It is very helpful. And yes I will make a run up the river before season.

Comment

will my T-jet make it up either side during high tide? runs in about 6-8" and sits in around 12"
                      21' Thunder Jet Alexis

Comment

I wouldn't run an Alexis up there. It's a tight river, braided, and would be a real bummer to get unstuck.

I'd run something smaller a guy could manhandle around and runs slower on step.

BK
                        Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X