Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeskJockey
    replied
    Another concurrence. I'm running a fixed 4 on my 338. Rock solid setup.

Leave a comment:

• iofthetaiga
    replied
    Originally posted by hodgeman View Post
    An A-bolt with a Leupold fixed 6x42 or a 4x33 sitting on top will last a long time and do about any shooting you'd need to do.
    +1; 'nuf said.

Leave a comment:

• The Kid
    replied
    Get on EBay and buy yourself a used fixed 4x Leupold, $150.
    Order and install Talley lightweights, $42.

Sight in and kill stuff, it's all real easy if we let it be.

Leave a comment:

• hodgeman
    replied
    It's easy to spend too much on a scope....and it's easy to spend too little. Vortex's lower end line is underwhelming like everyone else's but their middle shelf and up stuff is pretty good. Same deal with Leupold...or Nikon. The really high end stuff is nice too, and doesn't help you kill moose at all.

I'm not a fan of BDC reticles or of variable power scopes for that matter.

An A-bolt with a Leupold fixed 6x42 or a 4x33 sitting on top will last a long time and do about any shooting you'd need to do.

Leave a comment:

• fishing nut
    started a topic Rifle scope question, need advice?

Rifle scope question, need advice?

Hi,
    I will be going on a hunting trip for moose and I'm really considering a Vortex with all the specs I've read so far. I was wanting a 9X40 leupold BDC, but the Vortex has really good specs, is cheaper and offers lifetime warranty with absolutely no fuss on what happens. Could run over it and they will replace it. It's as good as leupold's warranty, sounds better. IDK, though.
    With the experience of you guys, curious to what you would recommend?? This is my first scope for my Browning A-Bolt 338. People say the weight, but it's not really that much. I was also considering the nikon monarch too. I really like the 10X50 with the notch cut out and illuminated boone and crockett model, too much for my wallet, Ha! Would really appreciate some advice

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X