Clear All

• Is it moose season yet?

Everyone getting anxious?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1170.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	2513331
    Vegetables aren’t food, vegetables are what food eats.

Seeing that I drew a good permit I really should be, but I'm not......not yet anyway.

Only because it means winter and cold weather is soon to follow.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Printed out the checklist last night...

Comment

Flying into Anchorage 7 weeks from tomorrow - can't wait! Trying to get my best friend a moose, it's a bucket list biggie for him.

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
          Seeing that I drew a good permit I really should be, but I'm not......not yet anyway.

Only because it means winter and cold weather is soon to follow.....
          Agreed!! I'll catch my salmon, get bored of that and slay the trout (catch and release of course). Because there is just something about landing a big old bow, and letting him go for another fisherman to land. Can August and September be stretched outttt????
          Grab a friend, a rifle and go hunt.

Comment

I'm skipping moose season this year for the first time since I arrived ten years ago, freezer still has plenty of red meat in it. Instead, I got invited for a 7 day canoe trip in early Sept. in the Woodland Caribou Provincial Park in Ontario with an old friend and I'm rather looking forward to that. I'll get fired up in October-November for deer though.

Comment

Ya i am going after this one!
              “Thank you Polaris for making me a better mechanic”

Comment

The menu is planned and I've already made moose stew. Shooting every Friday to make sure I am on target and I can't wait for September 8th to arrive. Then its 2.5 weeks with parents, brothers and beautiful county side!! Got to get the reds in the freezer first, but I am dreaming of September.

Comment

I predict two months from today, in fact on this hour, my wife shoots her moose...Can't wait!

Comment

Moose season must be open.

It Must be Moose season,I just killed one with the front end of my new Dodge Pickup last night.About $20,000. damage but all 4 of us walked away without too many bruzes.Cant say that for the moose though.RJ SimingtonPRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
                    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!

Comment

Originally posted by protaxidermy View Post
                      It Must be Moose season,I just killed one with the front end of my new Dodge Pickup last night.About $20,000. damage but all 4 of us walked away without too many bruzes.Cant say that for the moose though.RJ SimingtonPRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
                      Ouch! That's a lot more I paid for my float trip and you didn't even get to keep the moose. roud:
                      Vegetables aren’t food, vegetables are what food eats.

Comment

Glad to hear you and your family are ok ProTax...the truck is replaceable.

AZinAK

Comment

I feel bad for all parties involved in the accident.

I shipped several containers of gear to Fairbanks a few days ago. Also and for the first time: We (pard and I) decided to cub-in a couple treestands. Our plan is to set them in travel corridor areas which also have good long visibility. We'll use them as observation posts, but also fair chance that a bull will walk by. It's a new wrinkle in our game plan.

The broadheads are sharpened and the longbow is more than ready.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X