Anyone go to Bass Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone go to Bass Pro

Man they must have burned the midnight oil but the sign said grand opening July 9 at 6pm.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Yes got a box of 22 shells was overall disappointed at the store

Comment

Suprise... I think after all these years we got our hopes up for some magical store. Cabelas wasn't all that but I do like the option to go in and do some shopping, knowing the store doesn't have everything. I think both stores will be valuable in their own ways but the SW and other local business's will still get a lot of business. I just hope BP has a better fishing section then Cabelas. Theres is lacking in every way possible
      Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

Comment

That was the biggest mistake Iíve made in awhile. I had to park behind Bed Bath & Beyond. There were people parking in the grass and in the ditches. It took me 30 min just to drive out of the parking lot. NUTS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUS-DAG View Post
          That was the biggest mistake Iíve made in awhile. I had to park behind Bed Bath & Beyond. There were people parking in the grass and in the ditches. It took me 30 min just to drive out of the parking lot. NUTS!!!!!
          That's the worst designed parking lot I've ever seen. There are more islands, trees and grass than there are actual parking spots. Epic failure!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by onewhohunts View Post
            yes got a box of 22 shells was overall disappointed at the store
            Originally posted by alaskabliss View Post
            suprise... I think after all these years we got our hopes up for some magical store. Cabelas wasn't all that but i do like the option to go in and do some shopping, knowing the store doesn't have everything. I think both stores will be valuable in their own ways but the sw and other local business's will still get a lot of business. I just hope bp has a better fishing section then cabelas. Theres is lacking in every way possible
            Originally posted by asus-dag View Post
            that was the biggest mistake iíve made in awhile. I had to park behind bed bath & beyond. There were people parking in the grass and in the ditches. It took me 30 min just to drive out of the parking lot. Nuts!!!!!
            Originally posted by frostbitten View Post
            that's the worst designed parking lot i've ever seen. There are more islands, trees and grass than there are actual parking spots. Epic failure!!!!
            Originally posted by hogfamily View Post
            something i find kinda interesting.

Many years ago, on an alaska outdoors forum, i recall reading how some people were fed up with some sporting goods stores here in anchorage. There were numerous complaints about high prices, poor service, sales people not knowing anything, sales people knowing everything, &c. Mvs, bj, sa, wwg, and some of the others that i can't recall at the moment.

Then there were rumors of a place called sportsman's warehouse that was going to be built in anchorage. Some folks that had been in a sw in the lower 48 claimed that it was the best and the other places, mvs, sa, etc would be gone when sw opened.

The day came and sw opened. Many folks were excited...then not so much. The complaints started... High prices, poor service, sales people not knowing anything, sales people knowing everything, &c.

Folks said that the current local sporting goods stores had nothing to worry about...

Word came that cabela's was coming to anchorage. That's it, sw will be out of business now, said some. No more poor service, sales people not knowing anything, sales people knowing everything, etc.

Cabela's opened to huge crowds. The complaints soon followed; prices too high, clothes not made for alaska, lame animal mounts, etc. Now some folks are saying sw has nothing to worry about...

...just wait 'til bass pro shops opens...
            uh oh!....
            ďMove that fat ass Henry!Ē
            ďDonít swing your balls or youíll swamp the boat!"

Comment

I agree the parking was terribly designed.

Was happy to get 2lbs of H1000 though it was pretty expensive.

Comment

[QUOTE=mtnclimber;1407542]I agree the parking was terribly designed.

Was happy to get 2lbs of H1000 though it was pretty expensive.[/QUOTE

They have H1000 at Three bears on KGB.....29.00 per lb. I believe they still have some, give them a call....

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbitten View Post
                  That's the worst designed parking lot I've ever seen. There are more islands, trees and grass than there are actual parking spots. Epic failure!!!!
                  Thanks title 21?

Comment

Stopped by today, overall a nice store and the fishing section is much better than Cabelas, especially if you actually want stuff for fishing in Ak.

Comment

Just looked at the newspaper ad thunder jets inside to look at very cool!!!!
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
                      Unknown author

Comment

BPS

I lived by a cabela's in MI and they had better prices (by far) than the local shops that were definitely "unique" in their approach to customer service. Used to be able to buy and try and no hassle return with cabelas. I did a ton of walleye/musky/smallmouth fishing and it worked out well outfitting my boat, etc. They marketed the Michigan products when they opened the store and had a good amount of in state product. Wife and I went to the pre opening here and this store is definitely not even close. Won't go back.

Fast forward to today at BPS (whose store in Detroit I only went to once and couldn't stand it). Parking was a pain in anchorage, but it had Kodiak custom lures, Diamond D holsters, arctic oven tents and a few other Alaska specific products. Got a nice 5-6 fly reel spooled at a good price and had a good fly discussion with the sales guy about what to try on an upcoming POW trip. Totally better than cabela's in my opinion, still like my local stores and will support them as well but was happy I went to BPS today.

Comment

Did anybody get to meet Jimmy Houston? I'm still tingly about it.

Comment

If you build it, they will complain.

Comment

I went in there today. Bought a flare gun kit for like $20 off from Cabela's & West Marine. Also got a pair of chap-o hip waders. (Really cheap-o.)

I was there at 1 pm and ad to park at petco. (If I was manager at petco or Michael's...I'd be PISSSED right now t BPS customers taking up all the parking.)

My son liked the animal displays...more Alaskan.

I asked about a telescoping spinning rod I saw at SW (Eagle Claw I think), but all they had were cheap-o Zebcos. However, the guy I was talking with had a notepad and said he was adding that to the list of stuff to bring in and asked if I had any other ideas. That surprised me.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X