Ds204 sheep hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds204 sheep hunt

Anybody have anymore stories of this hunt? I believe I have pretty much read them all. I guess I am still trying to determine my route in this fall. Anybody ever end picking up a moose on the way in or out? Obviously sheep is my priority but I might be interested in a legal moose on they way out if I am skunked on sheep. Anyways If your bored and want to tell your successful or unsuccessful stories it's all good read for me. Thxs for any replies.

I did DS203 last year and went in the gerstel river side and got a good ram, and seen caribou and a 55 inch bull moose on the way out

Comment

I hunted this in 2009. If you've read everything here, you should have seen it. Gerstle River.

If you're planning to use an ATV, then you are a little limited on where you can go and rising water levels can change your plans. It's probably way too late to make fly in plans, but if that's in your head, PM me and I can give you a few ideas.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1885.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	2492198I went in from the AK Hwy side on my 4 wheeler got to see a lot of moose a few caribou and of course a ton of sheep.

Comment

Dakota, did you run into any hunters on your trip up the Gerstle. Three of us went up there and found a ram. We've been wondering how many of the guys we ran into found success.

Originally posted by dakata View Post
          I did DS203 last year and went in the gerstel river side and got a good ram, and seen caribou and a 55 inch bull moose on the way out

Comment

Shot a fork horn in 2010 while we were waiting for the flooded creeks to come down. There were guys that lost their wheelers trying to cross when they shouldn't have. Be smart if it starts raining

Comment

Thxs for the replies guys, Toolman907 nice ram btw. Definitely plan to keep an eye on the water levels , Hope to not see any rain like they had a few wks ago. Just need to pick which trail to go in on, 7-8 days in the mountains should be fun.

Comment

Good luck! If you get a few days of rain, keep an eye on the water levels. The ground will saturate, then take a few days to drain out with swollen creeks. I know some guys will deflate their tires a bit to reduce buoyancy, then pump them back up after they cross. Just don't do anything you aren't comfortable with

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X