Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADFG... Unbelievable!

WTH is up with ADFG?

Our records indicate we have not received your harvest report for black bear. This could be because you are still actively hunting black bear, you report may have been for a different hunt, another species, or simply lost in the mail.

...... OR it is ONLY JULY 2 and my harvest permit expired less than 48 hours ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God forbid ADFG releases the draw permit results as promised, but they sure hell want you my harvest permit info right FINGNOW!

Unbelievable. :mad:

Yeah, I got two of those cards today as well (one for me and one for the wife), not 30 minutes after I sent in my report online. I appreciate the need for harvest data, but it seems a waste of limited funds to be sending them out so soon.

Comment

Last fall I forgot to send in my fishing report in a timely manner and they proceeded to send me two more full packets with all of the pamphlets and everything. A simple reminder card, email or whatever would have been just fine. Then, should I have actually lost the report or it was lost in the mail, I could request another form or submit it online maybe. Even if everything is pre-printed and that money is already spent, the postage alone has to add up for however many thousands of these they send out every year.

Comment

Hilarious.. I got a handful today as well and thought the same thing. Must be a gubmint program that you have if you don't waste enough money this year you won't get as much next year

Comment

It is true the state fiscal year begins July 01.

If you were a biologist wouldn't you want to summarize the season's harvest ASAP? People appreciated a reminder posted here on the forum just a day or two ago.

fish and game managers contacting you directly is as open as government gets man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by andweav View Post
            It is true the state fiscal year begins July 01.

If you were a biologist wouldn't you want to summarize the season's harvest ASAP? People appreciated a reminder posted here on the forum just a day or two ago.

fish and game managers contacting you directly is as open as government gets man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            At least give it a week before sending out... these must have been printed and sent July 1 at the very earliest; not enough time for the mail to arrive with completed harvest reports. The money spent sending these cards out could have been much better spent elsewhere in the department.... remember this next time the agency whines about not having enough funds to do something.

Comment

I just got mine a few minutes ago, too... and I was pretty flabbergasted.

Comment

Originally posted by willphish4food View Post
                At least give it a week before sending out... these must have been printed and sent July 1 at the very earliest; not enough time for the mail to arrive with completed harvest reports. The money spent sending these cards out could have been much better spent elsewhere in the department.... remember this next time the agency whines about not having enough funds to do something.
                Exactly. Printed on the harvest report is a 15 day requirement for reporting add another 14-15 days for "lost in the mail", then reminder by mail makes sense. I wonder if there was a "memo" that indicated they be mailed 7/30/14 and an intern was "confused" by that and dropped them in the mail? HAHA, who am I kidding, that WOULD make sense!

Comment

I appreciate the fact they send a reminder. I just did my report on line, but I hadn't received a reminder yet. Try not to look too much into it.

Comment

Tagged a bear in the last week. Now have to file a report and then have it sealed by the end of the month. No worries as the bear tastes great aNd have infinity plus four more tags now.

Comment

Well I was thankfull anyway.
                      Shoot to kill, kill to eat!

http://adventuremongers.com/index.ph...id=40&catid=13

Comment

I filled out my report yesterday morning before coming home to the card. It may have saved a few bucks to wait a week and repopulate the distribution list but I thought the effort and reminder showed incredibly good will. They are providing some outreach to help educate and save people the hassle and penalty of enforcement. I wish this thread hadn't riled me up enough to post but for crying out loud, let's point out the good work and intentions of good people instead of blasting everything with a "government" label.
                        Go Big Red!

Comment

Originally posted by PG13 View Post
                          I filled out my report yesterday morning before coming home to the card. It may have saved a few bucks to wait a week and repopulate the distribution list but I thought the effort and reminder showed incredibly good will. They are providing some outreach to help educate and save people the hassle and penalty of enforcement. I wish this thread hadn't riled me up enough to post but for crying out loud, let's point out the good work and intentions of good people instead of blasting everything with a "government" label.
                          Awww, such nice sentiment. I don't think reminding grown adults to do something they're required to do before they've been given a chance to do it is an essential function of government.

Comment

Well I have received similar notes in the mail and email for reports that I had turned in before. I also got one asking for the measurements on my sheep that was sealed (they lost them).

I know they're trying, but their work quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                              Yeah, I got two of those cards today as well (one for me and one for the wife), not 30 minutes after I sent in my report online. I appreciate the need for harvest data, but it seems a waste of limited funds to be sending them out so soon.

Originally posted by PG13 View Post
                              For the reason, Brian, stated above. Funds are a annual issue, and excuse, from an agency that struggles to get things right day in and day out.

Originally posted by willphish4food View Post
                              Awww, such nice sentiment. I don't think reminding grown adults to do something they're required to do before they've been given a chance to do it is an essential function of government.
                              Yes. The harvest/draw/registration/personal use report/permit all state on them in writing what is required and when it is due, just as knowing the regulations is the responsibility of the participant, so is knowing the reporting conditions. Additionally, many of us have MANY years practice at filling out and submitting such reports. It makes perfect sense to let the required time period to pass and a week or two more, before sending out a by mail reminder for fiscal aspects alone.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X