No announcement yet.

Alaska Survivial Trip: 2+ months, "living off the land"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent Read Buck. Thanks for sharing with us arm-chair adventurists...

Comment

sounded like a cool trip! how did those chums taste? Imean every colored chum I've ever cut open has had white and mushy flesh notsomething I would want to eat!

Comment

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.

If there was anything wrong with those chums, I didn't notice it. None that I ate were "beat up," as in tattered looking. I was really surprised that in that area salmon, at least the pinks and chums I saw, came into freshwater already turning color. I would bet that most of the salmon in my pictures had been in freshwater two days or less. Some of those pictured chums still had sea lice on them.

Regardless, I was happy to eat those chums, I can tell you that for sure!

Comment

AWESOME! - Thanks for sharing your adventures!
          “Move that fat ass Henry!”
          “Don’t swing your balls or you’ll swamp the boat!"

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Nelson View Post
            Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.

If there was anything wrong with those chums, I didn't notice it. None that I ate were "beat up," as in tattered looking. I was really surprised that in that area salmon, at least the pinks and chums I saw, came into freshwater already turning color. I would bet that most of the salmon in my pictures had been in freshwater two days or less. Some of those pictured chums still had sea lice on them.

Regardless, I was happy to eat those chums, I can tell you that for sure!
            the turning before they hit fresh water pretty typical for chums and pinks in southeast (when the salmon has to run a whole 1/2 mile upstream to get to their spawning grounds they turn early!) we normally don't eat the chums if they are colored at all ( of course when you have a freezer full of kings its easy to pass up on chums!)

I've always thought it would be cool to live off the land like that I thinksoutheast is the place to do it! thanks for obeying fish and game laws!
            Last edited by AKducks; 09-24-2014, 14:26. Reason: I need to learn how to use a spacebar!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X