458 Socom and other Ammunition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 458 Socom and other Ammunition

I own an ammunition business in Southern IN. and we are prepping an order for shipment to AK. We want to expand the shipment but we really do not know what is need in AK. We were contacted by a few AK residents about shipping ammo to AK and we are willing to. Is there much of a demand for the 458 Socom? Is there any other calibers that are hard to get? Please no 22LR questions. Thank you for your help.

What about powder? I would do just about anything for just one pound of RL-15.
    Alaskan expat, civil engineer, FAA consultant.

Comment

Maybe heavy-for-caliber 30-06? Like 200gr and 220gr. You are competing with $22 for Rem corlokt when it's available.

Comment

Anyone else having a problem finding 454 cassul?

Comment

Any of the common hunting calibers from .243 to .375 H&H. They seem to disappear quickly!

Comment

.44 mag not in the stores that I've been too. Is anyone else seeing it on the shelves?

Comment

Lots of .44 Mag at Cabelas the other day and today at the Wasilla Sportsmans. Sportsmans also has TONS of 9mm and .40 S&W among others. The caliber I would like to see more of is 10mm in target loads. Cabelas had some, but it's not often you come across the 50 round boxes of target. Usually just the various 20 round specialty rounds.

Comment

Thank you for your replies. 44 Mag and 454 Casull are two that we want to push. Is there a supply of 458 Socom? It is a caliber we run a lot of. If you own a shop PM me. Powders are something I will have to get more info on from the carrier who will be transporting our goods from Seattle to Anchorage. During that leg Hazmat is more of an issue. Is Cast Performance the most well liked bullets for the 44 - 454 calibers? At this time I am not posting thename of my company due to the forum regs. But I am very interested in your input. Feel free to PM me if you specific questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruger View Post
                  Please no 22LR questions.
                  So it's still that bad even for you eh?.........lol
                  Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

I'm sorry to tell you but they only place your gonna find 22LR is on the side of a milk carton.

I just got off the phone with one of your gun stores in Anchorage and he was very addement about the need for 10mm. Is it that popular of a round?

Comment

I just got off the phone with one of your gun stores in Anchorage and he was very addement about the need for 10mm. Is it that popular of a round?
                      I do believe there are a few that use it for bear protection........maybe more than I thought...???
                      Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

10mm is fairly popular for bear defense among those who choose to carry a semi-auto sidearm in my limited experience in the interior. I mostly run with wheel gun shooters.

I would add a plus one on powder, and ask about primers. I proactively switched to calibers that can be run with black powder a couple years ago, 45 Colt, 45-70 and 12ga. BP I can get, brass I got and bullets I can cast. Primers is the key component for me. Large rifle, large pistol, and 201.

Comment

Originally posted by highestview View Post
                          What about powder? I would do just about anything for just one pound of RL-15.
                          Last week Boondock's had several pounds of RL 15 on the shelf. Good luck.
                          "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

Comment

Thank you for your replies. 44 Mag and 454 Casull are two that we want to push. Is there a supply of 458 Socom? It is a caliber we run a lot of.
                            To answer your question about .458 Socom, NO THERE IS NO SUPPLY. Have to hand load on pretty skimpy data from what I've seen. I'd also look into ALL the big bore handgun calibers;41 mag, 44 mag, 45 colt, 454, 480 ruger, 475, 460, 500 in revolvers and 10mm and 460 Rowland in autos. Buffalo Bore supplies a lot of these calibers, but are often VERY HOT loads. I've seen at least one Glock 10mm break from using Buffalo Bore.
                            I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Comment

4350 and RL 15 and 19 are in short supply. Many of us up here reload.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X