70 days until moose season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 days until moose season.

Time to start guessing about antler size. How bout this guy? He looks like he's right on 45" right now to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alaskan expat, civil engineer, FAA consultant.

It also looks like he only is going to sport 2 brow tines (but should easily pass the 50" requirement by the time the season opens). Is there going to be an open season in Kincaid Pk this year?
    Love that dropper point developing on the right antler. Nice pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
      It also looks like he only is going to sport 2 brow tines (but should easily pass the 50" requirement by the time the season opens). Is there going to be an open season in Kincaid Pk this year?
      Love that dropper point developing on the right antler. Nice pics.
      Naaa, he's in Bear Valley, not Kincaid. I wish they would never have issued a single building permit for Bear Valley and just made it a bowhunting game preserve.

Comment

Originally posted by highestview View Post
        Naaa, he's in Bear Valley, not Kincaid. I wish they would never have issued a single building permit for Bear Valley and just made it a bowhunting game preserve.
        that little guy is always hanging around the asphalt section of that road. hiking up Mcue peak the other day, I saw a massive bull, already sporting antlers that were hovering around 50 inches, even not being fully formed antlers. He was bedded in an alpine pasture, with hemlocks providing cover.
        www.freightercanoes.com

Comment

my first impression was 45" is about right but run a tape measure across the screen he could be 52"

Comment

70 days until moose season.

Here's my assessment. 42". That picture wasn't perfectly straight on but pretty close.

Comment

Lower 40's was my guess too...

Comment

Agreed on the low 40's.

Comment

How about this guy?

Comment

Invalid attachment

Comment

Come on bow season
                      PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                        Come on bow season

What a pig! Ought to be a beast come August. I love seeing a swamp demon on a cold rainy day, gets my blood pumping about moose season...
                        ~Alaska born and raised~ •'04 Duckworth, 5.7 w/ 3-stg. •High side Lowe, '13 Yami 25 prop+Merc 40/30 jet
                        •Ranger 6x •CAT atv w/ 27" rubber •A very large moose buggy •M7 153" "Earned, NOT given"

Comment

Ok, how about this guy? 57" on the tape for good visual reference.

Comment

let's try this moose again

uploading photos drives me crazy. last try:

Comment

Hard to tell at this angle whether the brow palms are really as wide as they look. If the sense of scale is correct, and the brow palms are as wide as they look, he appears to be every bit of 60". If not, and the angle is deceiving like I suspect, then he's 55"ish.
                              ~Alaska born and raised~ •'04 Duckworth, 5.7 w/ 3-stg. •High side Lowe, '13 Yami 25 prop+Merc 40/30 jet
                              •Ranger 6x •CAT atv w/ 27" rubber •A very large moose buggy •M7 153" "Earned, NOT given"

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X