Archery "Certification"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archery "Certification"

It appears that to hunt big game, with a bow, as long as it is an open season, you do not need the archery certification class. Am I right that that is only needed if you are hunting during an "Archery Only" season?

That would mean that hunting black bear on the Kenai with a bow is ok, without the certification, right?

Thanks.
    Shaun Bennett

Yes unless it's archery only location or time.

Comment

Originally posted by gen2shark View Post
      It appears that to hunt big game, with a bow, as long as it is an open season, you do not need the archery certification class. Am I right that that is only needed if you are hunting during an "Archery Only" season?

That would mean that hunting black bear on the Kenai with a bow is ok, without the certification, right?

Thanks.
      Shaun Bennett
      That is correct. Anyone is welcome to use archery equipment in a regular open season. The IBEP certification is only necessary for a "weapons restricted" hunt.

Comment

Doesn't that change July 1st and bow hunting anywhere needs the cert?
        Henry Bowman for President

Comment

Originally posted by deerhunter View Post
          Doesn't that change July 1st and bow hunting anywhere needs the cert?
          Based on the information here: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...+certification, that goes into effect July 1, 2016, so we still have some time.

Comment

Originally posted by anchskier View Post
            Based on the information here: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...+certification, that goes into effect July 1, 2016, so we still have some time.
            I stand corrected. Thanks for that.
            Henry Bowman for President

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X