No announcement yet.

Got above treeline and drew blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure hope my daughters meet boys like that. Keep raising em right. I'll need a good strong son when I'm old.
    The Ruger Alaskan .416 has won my heart. While not as slimming as your NULA it's affordable and durable.
    Now get that thing fleshed salted and dried, you got fishing to do.

Comment

its fleshed salted and sold. changing the prop today and will be all set for dipnetting next time off the slope.
      I hope they talk me back into guiding....they carried their own packs up and back off that mtn, made them carry their own gear. i was impressed, they did a bang up job! even on three hours of sleep they made the hike back out, they were hurting, but they made it. the oldest (10) even took the water bag down the hill several hundred yards to get us all some water, carried it back by hisself. they complain more at home than they do in the mtns....lol just like dad!
      we did stop and have a fire, heated a can of spaggeto O's in the drizzling rain, my boy was eating them outa the can, half warm half cold, all tucked in our rain coats and we hear, " ah this is the life", coming from that little guy and the lukewarm supper. i determined right then that work sucks.
      Www.blackriverhunting.com
      Master guide 212

Comment

Congrats for getting the next generation out in the woods.

Comment

Well done, Jake. I can't wait to get mine on some game of their own...
          The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
          sigpic

~Spero Meliora~

Comment

Well done to be sure. Guiding without pay is always more fun
            Semper Fi and God Bless

Comment

Congrats on a positive family outing, for you and the boys. Trust me the memories are far more important than the rug.

Comment

heard that, i'd have shot it if it was a 4'er. don't think i'll ever really be able to be a trophy hunter after 15 years of hearing, "how big is that?!"
                Master guide 212

Comment

Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
                  i determined right then that work sucks.
                  If you think it's bad now, wait till you're as old as I am.....
                  Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

i don't wanna wait....lol
                    Master guide 212

Comment

.243 really can do it all.

excellent way to kick off the Summer.
                      If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.:topjob:

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Comment

heard that, i'd have shot it if it was a 4'er. don't think i'll ever really be able to be a trophy hunter after 15 years of hearing, "how big is that?!"
                        Jake, the boys are getting bigger and sounds like alot of fun. Pretty funny hearing that comment about "ah, this is the life". That would put a grin on everyones face. BTW, since you are the expert on judging, we did have to ask "how big is that one"?

Thanks again

Comment

i don't wanna wait....lol
                          Believe me, I didn't either.......lol
                          Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Beautiful bear, and great hunt, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Great job Jake!
                              http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

true dat chip, i'm rather smitten with that little compact 243 right now, my 10 year old has a cow moose tag for sept...anxious to do some more lead field testin'!
                                Master guide 212

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X