Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunters' Medical Training; June 27th

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hunters' Medical Training; June 27th

    I will be teaching short, FREE classes Friday June 27th with Outer Limits Medicine for Medical Rescue Unbound, LLC at Cabelas (in the conference room; hang a left when you walk in the door)

    5:30pm-6:30pm we will be talking about field treatments for traumatic injuries (gun shot wounds, cuts, impaled objects (i.e. lures, arrows, etc.)), then 7pm-8pm we will be going over different options for first aid kits (from packing light for sheep hunting to the road warriors). The classes will be taught by Alaskans who have over 18 years combined advanced emergency medicine.

    This is the same weekend Cabela's is having their Hometown Heroes, Armed Forces Appreciation discount.

    If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

  • #2
    Count me in.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alaskan expat, civil engineer, FAA consultant.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you! Looking forward to it!

      Comment


      • #4
        Looking forward to the class! Can cover a lot of info in 2 one hour seminars

        Comment


        • #5
          frozen,
          I wonder if Cabelas would be inclined to video your presentation and have it available to us who are 3000 miles away?
          Thank you

          Comment


          • #6
            That would be great. I would even be willing to pay a small fee.

            Comment


            • #7
              Sorry, Knikglacier, I was gone fishing the last week (and about to leave again until the day of the seminar . I doubt Cabelas would do that, but we have been talking about putting together a webcast type of thing. If you want to pm me and give me your email, I'll keep you up to date on that (and, OF COURSE, you can like us on Facebook; I put updates there too, it's under Medical Rescue Unbound LLC). I'll try to sneak in a quick low tech (via iphone) recording of it and post it on Facebook, but it won't be of the whole thing, just a tiny snippet.

              You may want to check out The Survival Doctor, I use his books for the long courses I do. He's a great resource, a retired doctor from a small southern town that just wants to share medical survival knowledge that really should be available to us all.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks to both of you for sharing this knowledge with those who attended. I had to leave earlier than expected, but I appreciate the opportunity to hear from you folks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thank you for coming out. Wish we had more time to go over things in detail; looking forward to our class in July. I'll put a snippet of the Cabela's class on our Facebook page as promised. Thanks everyone for spending the time with us, we really appreciated the turn out!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by soon2beinAK View Post
                    That would be great. I would even be willing to pay a small fee.
                    For those looking for recordings, I thought this would help: Dr Hubbard ("The Survival Doctor") will be releasing a video series in September on common emergencies and how you can deal with them when you can't get help (911). If you sign up, you'll learn more about it and get advised when it's released, just click the link: http://archive.aweber.com/survivaldo...New_Online.htm

                    I've worked with Dr Hubbard many times before, he's a great resource. He's a retired MD that's just trying to help the general public gain medical knowledge and skills to save lives.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thank you for passing that info along. I will keep my eye out for it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What good/ironic timing! I had a local sporting goods store manager talk to me two days ago asking if I knew about any wilderness medicine classes and poof, here you are. I will get this link to him. Thank you.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by frozenmisipi View Post
                          I will be teaching short, FREE classes Friday June 27th with Outer Limits Medicine for Medical Rescue Unbound, LLC at Cabelas (in the conference room; hang a left when you walk in the door)

                          5:30pm-6:30pm we will be talking about field treatments for traumatic injuries (gun shot wounds, cuts, impaled objects (i.e. lures, arrows, etc.)), then 7pm-8pm we will be going over different options for first aid kits (from packing light for sheep hunting to the road warriors). The classes will be taught by Alaskans who have over 18 years combined advanced emergency medicine.

                          This is the same weekend Cabela's is having their Hometown Heroes, Armed Forces Appreciation discount.

                          If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
                          Sadly I don't get by here enough and have missed this. Would love to connect with you in the background to see what this is all about. I produce Alaska Outdoors TV on Outdoor Channel. Tks.
                          Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by frozenmisipi View Post
                            For those looking for recordings, I thought this would help: Dr Hubbard ("The Survival Doctor") will be releasing a video series in September on common emergencies and how you can deal with them when you can't get help (911). If you sign up, you'll learn more about it and get advised when it's released, just click the link: http://archive.aweber.com/survivaldo...New_Online.htm

                            I've worked with Dr Hubbard many times before, he's a great resource. He's a retired MD that's just trying to help the general public gain medical knowledge and skills to save lives.

                            He has released a FREE mini series if you sign up (I think it'll come in emails). So, as long as you have internet, you're set. Here's the link:
                            http://www.thesurvivaldoctor.com/201...status-workup/

                            Just scroll to the end of that post and there's a sign up form.

                            Comment

                            Footer Adsense

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X