Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLP (I hope) today VERY near Petersburg (Video Link)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLP (I hope) today VERY near Petersburg (Video Link)

Just got this link and thought I'd post it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zct1...ature=youtu.be
    Science has a rich history of proving itself wrong.

Don't know for sure but I'd say if two people were wearing camo and a boat was waiting offshore to retrieve than its more of a hunt than a DLP - what property or life could they have been defending? Good video for little cam though.

Comment

Carrying a gun while wearing camo is NOT an indictment of hunting, I do it often when not hunting, it just so happens that much of my outdoor clothing is camo, it just so happens that when I am outdoors I carry a gun. Please do not contribute to stereotyping outdoor enthusiasts!

Now as to the video, that short clip has all the appearance of a person shooting a bear all for the purpose of shooting a bear. I saw nothing to indicate a DLP situation whatsoever. Is there factual evidence that this was event was illegal?

Comment

I can't even twist it into a possible DLP situation. The bear was up and visible, and obviously aware of the guys walking up. There was no aggressive behavior to illicit a defensive shot. The process of shooting was directed, calculated, and executed in a non hurry fashion. In other words, it looks like these two made a beach landing on a bear they spotted, were unsure of where it was until they got to that point in the terrain, and finished what they had set out to do. Good on them if this is the case.

AZinAK

Comment

The one DUMB'CHIT nearly got his ass-shot by the other guy. Clearly NOT even remotely DLP. They knew the bear was there. The bear never made the slightest movement towards them. Staged crap is what I would call it. Would make a good training video on how to get your Dumb'assed head shot-off.
          "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

The only possible DLP justification I can see is that there is a house a couple hundred yards from there (the island sits mid channel exiting the Narrows to the North). They have chickens and such and perhaps they were defending the chickens though clearly not immediately so. Not sure what proper justification for defense of property is (what exigency is required). Not long ago a few guys were cited for dropping a moose in the same exact area though.
            Science has a rich history of proving itself wrong.

Comment

Here's my theory....

These two guys are bear hunting. Someone (on a boat?) or across a bay sees them, zooms in and takes a video. The camera is long ways from the guys on shore, you can tell by the time it takes to hear the rifle report after the kid pulls the trigger.

Perhaps the person behind the camera was a sight seer videoing the bear, perhaps a tourist, they see these guys walking on the beach and shoot the bear and think they saved themselves from certain death and post this video on Youtube with the title "Sasby Island black bear DLP(?) near Petersburg, AK 5/30/14" Which is why it says "DLP?" The videographer has no clue the men are legally hunting.

That's my theory FWIW....
              A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

Had it really been a FLAT"OUT charge...........they would have been bear poop, before he got untangled from the sling.
                "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

I too wear camo frequently when doing things in the outdoors, but this sure looks like what has been stated about stalking the bear and not seeing it until it was looking around (not looking aggressive at all). I understand people getting excited after a shot, but that was some pretty crazy lack of gun safety. I think it was a successful hunt and not any DLP (unless that means dumb lucky people for not getting shot).

Comment

Just two guys bear hunting. No DLP here. Especially when you see the bear and keep walking towards it.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

video guesses

Sure looked like Dad just about clocked ole son a good one at 20 sec. Son sure did jump; bet he's found himself in front of that barrel before!

Unless son is much smoother in a hunting situation than the rest of the vid showed, he was walking with his gun slung on the shoulder with a round already in the chamber. That wouldn't jibe so much with just a walk on the beach. But neither does the sling jibe with them being hunters and spotted one from the boat. If they were stalking a known bear, which it did look like they're doing (stepping softly) why the heck would his rifle be slung at a time when he has no other use for his hands/arms other than to be ready for a known & anticipated enounter? (for the camera might be an answer...)

Fun to guess - it helps people to think. Won't know much for sure unless someone comes forward with info.

Comment

Looks like they are lucky they didn't shoot each other. Believe they could join the Alaska bush people show. Gut shot for sure so hope they find it.
                        Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Originally posted by .338WM View Post
                          Carrying a gun while wearing camo is NOT an indictment of hunting, I do it often when not hunting, it just so happens that much of my outdoor clothing is camo, it just so happens that when I am outdoors I carry a gun. Please do not contribute to stereotyping outdoor enthusiasts!
                          Sorry it came out that way, wasn't trying to insult anyone. I too wear my waterproof sitka and kuiu camo pretty much anytime Im hiking outdoors and usually carry my .44 if I am alone. Not hunting with the 4" barrel! The video description said that a loitering boat retrieved hunters and bear so I suspected they were hunting.

Comment

All I saw was a pretty terrible first shot.
                            "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Comment

Doesn't look anything like a DLP to me except for a hurried, offhand shot. That seems like total bullcrap. The pace those guys were carrying along with having a cameraman trained on the animal suggests hunting. That bring said, that was some sloppy *****, unnecessarily rushed hunting. Could this have been mislabeled 'DLP' on YouTube by some idiot in their moms basement in New York?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Alaskan expat, civil engineer, FAA consultant.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X