No announcement yet.

2014 Kenai Brown Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What an opportunity! Congrats on the beautiful bruin! I am just trying everything I can to get them to find my bait site. Same basic place I have baited 5 years in the past, although I have moved it slightly because of increased pressure. Never had it go this long without getting hit....
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Comment

Thanks for clarifying. I can assure you black bear can taste like veal and berry bears are prime. I've never tasted a brownie and sounds like that's not a bad thing.....
      I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Comment

Originally posted by ckreitel View Post
        Well, I never said the meat was GOOD. Just that it's not bad and was better than expected...
        My sentiments exactly...lol

Originally posted by Sollybug View Post
        Thanks for clarifying. I can assure you black bear can taste like veal and berry bears are prime. I've never tasted a brownie and sounds like that's not a bad thing.....
        Hard to beat a berry bear for sure. I had to try brownie and tried a young sow brownie. Edible, but....(see above). I would imagine a "special" marinade to help cut the grease might help.
        Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Nice work Cody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ckreitel View Post
            Well, I never said the meat was GOOD. Just that it's not bad and was better than expected... Not exactly the same thing! Haha.

I didn't think to ask Fish and Game on the age and they didn't tell me. But they did pull a tooth...
            You should be able to call Fish and Game in a year from now and get the age on him. They do them in batches. It was a year for my black bear (6 year old), and a year for my Arctic Grizz (19 year old). It will be neat for you to revive this thread in a year with the age! Congrats and nice bear!

AZinAK

Comment

great story, thanks for posting. excellent

Comment

Awesome bear and video guys!

Comment

Originally posted by AZinAK View Post
                  You should be able to call Fish and Game in a year from now and get the age on him. They do them in batches. It was a year for my black bear (6 year old), and a year for my Arctic Grizz (19 year old). It will be neat for you to revive this thread in a year with the age! Congrats and nice bear!

AZinAK
                  Do i just need to give them the number on my brown bear locking tag?

Comment

Nice. And, thanks for the video.....................

M

Comment

ckrietel,

When you call F&G you need the number from the sealing tag.

Comment

I had the bear scored with Pope & Young. The official measurement after the 60 day drying period was 26-6/16. They told me ranks #34. I haven't checked with Fish and Game on the age yet. They probably don't have it done yet. The picture below is this bear's skull with a skull from a 5'6" black bear in his mouth.

Comment

Congrats on a really nice bear way to get it done with archery equipment that had to get the adrenaline going.

Comment

I can't see the photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let's try this again

Comment

Here is the trail cam picture of a boar with a sow wearing a collar from 2013. I'm pretty confident those are the same two bears from my hunt...

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X