Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BrentC
    replied
    Much of the same here. We hunted from 17-26 May. It took us right up to our last day hunting, but we managed to get a brown bear and three blackies between five hunters. For blackies we got a 5 footer, a 5 1/2, and one 7 footer. Strange year for sure.

Leave a comment:

• wasilla
    replied
    We just spent a week out there too, just got back today. 3 hunters for seven days and we saw 3 bears, 2 on the beach and one up high. Couldn't connect on any of them, we also got some shrimp and my tan looks great!

Leave a comment:

• JuliW
    replied
    We were down 11th, 12, 13th...hardly ANY snow, even at that time...It is a tough yr for hunting bears in the sound those going this weekend, check the snow slides, where the bears are cooling off.

Leave a comment:

• Mkay
    replied
    My uneducated guess is we were 10-14 days late. Once the snow receded high up the bears must have spread out, hence seeing 2 way up.

Leave a comment:

• JuliW
    replied
    I think folks going down this weekend ought to consider taking a fawn call along - or cub bawl type call. The bears down there have groceries all over the place right now.

Leave a comment:

• Daveinthebush
    replied
    I run 2 bait stations out in the sound. Stand 1 has had not one hit in 3 weeks. Stand 2 has had one rubbed out bear on it.
    He actually came in the night the bait was placed. w
    Was there the next morning when we returned. Came back 2 hours after we left. It is an odd year so far.

Leave a comment:

• JuliW
    replied
    Yep, hearing lots of the same from other PWS hunters. We had a great time, but saw only one bear... next year just THINK how many bears there will be! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Mkay
    replied
    Lots of sunscreen used.Click image for larger version

Name:	029.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	2491848

Leave a comment:

• Mkay
    started a topic PWS Black Bear bust

PWS Black Bear bust

Only saw 3 bears the whole trip of 6 days, 2 really high up on the mountains. Weather was great and so was the shrimping.
    Attached Files

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X