Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the neighbors unloading one that I THINK came from 15A, I don't know the guys well but they let me look at it, took it with a long bow out of a stand, which I thought was cool!

Comment

Originally posted by limon32 View Post
      took it with a long bow out of a stand, which I thought was cool!
      I think I heard about that one, unless there's been two now killed by long bow....???
      Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
        I think I heard about that one, unless there's been two now killed by long bow....???
        The one I saw was Sunday, I assumed he shot it Sunday morning but I didn't ask. For that matter it was my assumption he shot it in 15a because it was still strapped to a wheeler, but perhaps that's incorrect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just heard of another fella I know down my way that I hear got a " ten foot bear". As quoted from the taxi. All I know at this pt is the info as I just stated. Hope to pass along more info if I get it.
          Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine! :whistle:
          WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

Sounds like quite a few HUGE Bears taken this spring.

Comment

Well they've been protected for so long by not having a regular hunt, that it stands to reason that there are some big (old) bears out there.......
              Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Bear count RB 300

46 bears sealed 14 are sows

Comment

Ummm, that is last year's info

Originally posted by Bowtec HnTr View Post
                  46 bears sealed 14 are sows

Comment

Originally posted by unk View Post
                    Ummm, that is last year's info
                    Hopefully!!!

Comment

I know of 3 killed with trad archery stuff. One over two weeks ago in 15a with a recurve I belive, I killed one two weeks ago with a long bow and my buddy killed one two weeks ago with a curve. all in 15a.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrchambers View Post
                        I know of 3 killed with trad archery stuff. One over two weeks ago in 15a with a recurve I belive, I killed one two weeks ago with a long bow and my buddy killed one two weeks ago with a curve. all in 15a.
                        Good on you stick slingers!! That has gotta be exciting, even from a tree.
                        Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine! :whistle:
                        WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

As of today 32 bears have been checked, 5 are "on the way in" and of them ( if I remember correctly) only 5 or so were adult sows so far.
                          i reckon this will be "the big year" for KP brown bears, because when you figure the fire into the high harvest numbers it is pretty unlikely we will see this kind of take again soon...
                          Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
                          http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Comment

Originally posted by homerdave View Post
                            As of today 32 bears have been checked, 5 are "on the way in" and of them ( if I remember correctly) only 5 or so were adult sows so far.
                            i reckon this will be "the big year" for KP brown bears, because when you figure the fire into the high harvest numbers it is pretty unlikely we will see this kind of take again soon...
                            Heading down tonight for a last minute effort. I have a destination in mind, but if someone knows of a hot spot...

Comment

50 bears total 4 adult females 76% over bait.

Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
                              http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Comment

Originally posted by homerdave View Post
                                50 bears total 4 adult females 76% over bait.

Good news. Especially the ratio of males/females. Job well done to all those that harvested them..........

M

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X