World record grizzly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World record grizzly

So did I miss this thread? I would post the link but I don't know how on this iPad. I am curious where a world record grizzly lives near Fairbanks. Also more pics would be great...(it was taken last September)
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1782027
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Comment

Its also on the Boone and crockett website.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that pic on this forum before, but where I couldn't tell you.....
        Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

My hunting partner, Larry just got word back from B&C that it was the world record last week. We knew it was in the top 10, but has no idea it would be #1.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...d.php?t=135987

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
          "I'd rather be fishing!"

Comment

Thanks gs for the link. Those extra pics and story are great. Since it's your moose hunting spot I don't expect any more info, but looks like it was east of Fairbanks a few hours. World record is awesome. About time alaska gets some cred as canada steals all the grizzly records with salmon bears. This was a moose muncher plain and simple. And a monster. What a beautiful and thick hide. Hope it's displayed somewhere,....

Comment

The article reminds me of the bruiser killed in downtown Soldotna a couple years ago as well as the one off of Mackey Lake road.
              All nearby large populated areas....
              Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
                The article reminds me of the bruiser killed in downtown Soldotna a couple years ago as well as the one off of Mackey Lake road.
                All nearby large populated areas....
                Yep- one of the bigger bears I've ever seen was caught on trail cam surprisingly close to "civilization". We hunted hard for him for several days but never could close the deal. Interior bears only get that big by getting very good at avoiding people.

Congrats on a fine bear!
                "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Comment

It was not very close to Fairbanks or any other populated area. It takes us two days to get in and out with our gear.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                  "I'd rather be fishing!"

Comment

How old did F&G say that bear was.......???
                    ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Hey grayling slayer, nice write up your friend got by Craig medred in the anchorage daily news. Although he is biased to brownies. Gosh the New York Times, adn and all, you guys could be famous if you would give some interviews. Thanks for the info.

Comment

sorry, I just don't care to brag to much about what we did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sollybug View Post
                          About time alaska gets some cred as canada steals all the grizzly records with salmon bears.
                          Not so, Solly. Plenty of salmon griz in western Ak. Plenty of Alaska griz in the record books. For man years there was a 3 way tie for number 1 with one of those bears being taken near Koyuk. It scored 27 and 2/16s. 25-27 in skulls are taken every year in western Alaska.
                          I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
                          I have less friends now!!

Comment

Understood if you want your privacy guys. But taking the biggest grizzly ever on a fair chase stalk is a wonderful story that many people would enjoy. It's inspiring to think that you guys put in some time and effort and found the world record a few hours from Fairbanks. Congrats! Marten, I don't have the latest Boone and Crockett but I read most grizzlys came from Canada due to salmon bears. (Which should be brown bears)

Comment

Anybody see the Alaska dispatch on this ?

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...t-biggest-ever
                              PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X