Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHO got Bears this weekend.....WHO seen BEARS this weekend...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKBEE
    replied
    Saw a black bear sow with 2 cubs today at the end of the Eklutna Lake trail up high. Beautiful day and scenery.

Leave a comment:

• alaskatrevor
    replied
    I spent some time glassing in Port Valdez.... Nothing. I've only heard of one person taking a bear so far. Nothing on the bait station either. Yet. It's kind of weird to me that I haven't seen anything on the bait station after the snow melted so fast. We've always had a bear(s) on the stand around this time even when there is 3 feet of snow on the ground.

Leave a comment:

• tyrex13
    replied
    Originally posted by akmac View Post
    I hunted black bears on the Kenai yesterday with a buddy. We saw 5 brown bears and 0 black bears which only confirmed my support for the continued brown bear season on the peninsula.
    Shoulda been hunting brown bears I guess

Leave a comment:

• sambuck12
    replied
    I know 3 people who killed bears this week. 2 blacks over bait and one huge brown on the coast. Sorry no pics it's up to them to post them.

Leave a comment:

• FL2AK-Old Town
    replied
    Just back from checking the game cam. Another moose. Whoop-de-doo.

Leave a comment:

• willphish4food
    replied
    Big brownie cleaned out my bait, little 5 foot blackie made an appearance too.

Leave a comment:

• Hudge
    replied
    I've been seeing quite a few black bear sows with 2 cubs each on the back side of the runway on Elmendorf, and have also run across two sets of brown bear tracks as well. Two weeks ago yesterday, the wife and I took her sister and her husband that was here form FL sight seeing and we saw two brownies near Bird Point while glassing high.

Leave a comment:

• Spdcrazy
    replied
    Originally posted by limon32 View Post
    I've seen 3 different browns on my bait in the last week, no blacks.
    limon, i forget, are you from the homer/anchor point area?

Saw a brown track the other day here. but haven't pursued it much, work and responsibilities keep getting in the way.

Leave a comment:

• limon32
    replied
    I've seen 3 different browns on my bait in the last week, no blacks.

Leave a comment:

• akmac
    replied
    Originally posted by Vance in AK View Post
    akmac, I was on the way back from Seward Tuesday evening & had a few hours to spare so I headed up a Cooper Landing area trail. Didn't see any bears but recent tracks from 3 different brownies & not a single black bear track... Can't believe how early everything budded out. visibility sucked where I was.
    The leaf break has happened very fast this year. There were several hillsides I glassed last week that I had to pass on this week due to the foliage being too thick. I was quite surprised we didn't see a single black bear. Two of the brown bears we saw were an amorous couple that were less than a quarter mile from the highway but we didn't have a brown bear tag so we left them to their ways undisturbed.

Leave a comment:

• JuliW
    replied
    did a little hunting in PWS - man if you all are heading down there, be prepared to do some climbing! The snow is nearly all gone in the southern end...There is FOOD galore in the timber and on the hillsides - lots of skunk cabbage and lots of grass, which I believe will make it more difficult to spot them and less likely to concentrate them at the lower elevations...

In 2 days of serious hunting, glassing high and low, we saw only one bear - a nice boar - which was on the beach...stalk attempt was unsuccessful as the bear moved off before my SO (significant other) was able to get in on him. Oh well, next year!

One thing's for certain, the critters ought to have fared nicely through the winter down there.

Leave a comment:

• Mulno
    replied
    I've got this guy pillaging my bait.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Vance in AK
    replied
    Originally posted by akmac View Post
    I hunted black bears on the Kenai yesterday with a buddy. We saw 5 brown bears and 0 black bears which only confirmed my support for the continued brown bear season on the peninsula.
    akmac, I was on the way back from Seward Tuesday evening & had a few hours to spare so I headed up a Cooper Landing area trail. Didn't see any bears but recent tracks from 3 different brownies & not a single black bear track... Can't believe how early everything budded out. visibility sucked where I was.

Leave a comment:

• akmac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Frostbitten
    replied
    I ran into a beautiful blackie on Elmendorf last week whille checking on my boat and camper. He was behind the storage lot at the old hospital site. He's a fattie!!!

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X