X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cod
    replied
    Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
    Birds, lots and lots of birds.......Eagles, Ravens, Jays.
    Thats true. There were about 50 eagles and 50 ravens in the area. There were about 7 of each actually eating together on it. The trees and skies were full of birds all with smiles on their faces and bulging bellies. Something bigger did move the carcass about 3 ft tho. Mover unknown.

Leave a comment:

• AGL4now
    replied
    Birds, lots and lots of birds.......Eagles, Ravens, Jays.

Originally posted by tyrex13 View Post
    WOW, any idea what's been hitting it? I was under the impression black bears and wolves/coyotes wouldn't eat a brownie carcass due to scent..

Leave a comment:

• tyrex13
    replied
    Originally posted by cod View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]78414[/ATTACH]

Heres a look at that carcass just 49 hrs after we left it....
    WOW, any idea what's been hitting it? I was under the impression black bears and wolves/coyotes wouldn't eat a brownie carcass due to scent..

Leave a comment:

• bob w
    replied
    After some thought, what if you shot the (bait to be) animal in deep water or any water, you drag it out for the purpose of skinning / butchering.???
    Would that make it illegal or under the circumstances acceptable to hunt over in the coming days

Leave a comment:

• cod
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	2491683
    Originally posted by willphish4food View Post
    Just hunt the darn thing. Don't register a bait station there, because all bait has to be removed from a bait station. It wasn't removed from the kill site, it is still at the kill site, and is perfectly legal to hunt over. It is not called "bait" because to put bait in the field or hunt over bait is illegal except at a registered bait station. Don't make it harder than it needs to be.
    Heres a look at that carcass just 49 hrs after we left it....

Leave a comment:

• 4merguide
    replied
    Originally posted by willphish4food View Post
    Don't make it harder than it needs to be.
    For sure. People been legally killing animals off of kill sites forever. It's not a "bait station", it's a kill site.....

Leave a comment:

• bob w
    replied
    I have a friend who is a non resident required to have a guide and he stated they did check the carcass of a previously killed brown bear to see if another brown bear was eating on it. I would think a guide would not put his license at risk in an attempt to get one his clients a shot at another bear

Leave a comment:

• willphish4food
    replied
    Just hunt the darn thing. Don't register a bait station there, because all bait has to be removed from a bait station. It wasn't removed from the kill site, it is still at the kill site, and is perfectly legal to hunt over. It is not called "bait" because to put bait in the field or hunt over bait is illegal except at a registered bait station. Don't make it harder than it needs to be.

Leave a comment:

• limon32
    replied
    Wow, after re-reading this thread I'm even more confused!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• limon32
    replied
    Originally posted by shimano 33 View Post
    Bad day Limon? Was just trying to pass along some info I thought may be helpful. With all this sun I thought you would be out, about, and on the prowl:topjob:

Mark
    No not at all, sorry if that came across wrong. What I meant is I asked this very question of an wildlife trooper and he gave me a wrong answer, that's really bull in my book.

I really appreciate you taking the time to get the correct info out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• SpartanGunner
    replied
    Good grief...

If a person were to move part of the remains from from the kill site, it becomes a "bait " (legally allowed per p17) and then it meets the definition of bait on p30.

If the carcasses are left at the kill site they are not bait. Again per the definition on p30.

Leave a comment:

• shimano 33
    replied
    Originally posted by limon32 View Post
    Thanks, chalk up one more crappy answer from F&G...
    Bad day Limon? Was just trying to pass along some info I thought may be helpful. With all this sun I thought you would be out, about, and on the prowl:topjob:

Mark

Leave a comment:

• shimano 33
    replied
    Originally posted by martentrapper View Post
    Could we get the reference of that, shimano?
    I think that is in relation to trapping bait.
    Here ya go

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 7.22.10 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	2491646

Leave a comment:

• chumsnagger
    replied
    From pg. 20 Bait: ....bait does not include those parts of legally taken animals that are not required to be salvaged as edible meat if the parts are not moved from the kill site.

Leave a comment:

• Frostbitten
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildwood_Hunter View Post
    Move would mean relocate. I.E., you cannot kill a moose and then move the carcass to a better location for taking a brown. If however, a brown comes to the carcass of the moose in the original kill/skin site, then it would be a legal kill.
    That's how I would look at it as well...although it's conceivable that a trooper and a judge could take a more literal stand. Stranger things have happened...and been successfully prosecuted!!

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X