Is a "KNOWN" Bear carcuse bait.....from F&G's thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wildwood_Hunter View Post
    I asked this question of a friend at church who is a F&W trooper. He said that as long as you do not move the carcass it is not baiting. If you move it, then it is. And yes, I would say that if you register it you would have to clean it up. Not a mess I would want to deal with.
    I guess that all depends on the definition of the word "moved". Certainly the carcass was "moved" around during the skinning process. If move = relocate, perhaps that's different altogether...perhaps not.

Comment

Maybe we should all go together and hire a lawyer for consultation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How is it any different than going back to check for a bear at the site of a caribou/moose, etc. that one has legally killed in hopes of killing said bear? It is perfectly legal to do so unless there is a regulation specifically prohibiting this due to the remains left at the site of the kill are that of a bear. I do not recall any such regulation (been 9 months since I last read the regs.)and I do not care enough to look for it at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbitten View Post
          I guess that all depends on the definition of the word "moved". Certainly the carcass was "moved" around during the skinning process. If move = relocate, perhaps that's different altogether...perhaps not.
          Move would mean relocate. I.E., you cannot kill a moose and then move the carcass to a better location for taking a brown. If however, a brown comes to the carcass of the moose in the original kill/skin site, then it would be a legal kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildwood_Hunter View Post
            Move would mean relocate. I.E., you cannot kill a moose and then move the carcass to a better location for taking a brown. If however, a brown comes to the carcass of the moose in the original kill/skin site, then it would be a legal kill.
            That's how I would look at it as well...although it's conceivable that a trooper and a judge could take a more literal stand. Stranger things have happened...and been successfully prosecuted!!

Comment

From pg. 20 Bait: ....bait does not include those parts of legally taken animals that are not required to be salvaged as edible meat if the parts are not moved from the kill site.

Comment

Originally posted by martentrapper View Post
                Could we get the reference of that, shimano?
                I think that is in relation to trapping bait.
                Here ya go

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 7.22.10 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	2491646
                I think about hunting when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day. And I think about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm doing it. ~credit to Carl Yastrzemski~

Comment

Originally posted by limon32 View Post
                  Thanks, chalk up one more crappy answer from F&G...
                  Bad day Limon? Was just trying to pass along some info I thought may be helpful. With all this sun I thought you would be out, about, and on the prowl:topjob:

Mark
                  I think about hunting when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day. And I think about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm doing it. ~credit to Carl Yastrzemski~

Comment

Good grief...

If a person were to move part of the remains from from the kill site, it becomes a "bait " (legally allowed per p17) and then it meets the definition of bait on p30.

If the carcasses are left at the kill site they are not bait. Again per the definition on p30.

Comment

Originally posted by shimano 33 View Post
                      Bad day Limon? Was just trying to pass along some info I thought may be helpful. With all this sun I thought you would be out, about, and on the prowl:topjob:

Mark
                      No not at all, sorry if that came across wrong. What I meant is I asked this very question of an wildlife trooper and he gave me a wrong answer, that's really bull in my book.

I really appreciate you taking the time to get the correct info out there!

Comment

Wow, after re-reading this thread I'm even more confused!?!?

Comment

Just hunt the darn thing. Don't register a bait station there, because all bait has to be removed from a bait station. It wasn't removed from the kill site, it is still at the kill site, and is perfectly legal to hunt over. It is not called "bait" because to put bait in the field or hunt over bait is illegal except at a registered bait station. Don't make it harder than it needs to be.

Comment

I have a friend who is a non resident required to have a guide and he stated they did check the carcass of a previously killed brown bear to see if another brown bear was eating on it. I would think a guide would not put his license at risk in an attempt to get one his clients a shot at another bear

Comment

Originally posted by willphish4food View Post
                              Don't make it harder than it needs to be.
                              For sure. People been legally killing animals off of kill sites forever. It's not a "bait station", it's a kill site.....
                              Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	2491683
                                Originally posted by willphish4food View Post
                                Just hunt the darn thing. Don't register a bait station there, because all bait has to be removed from a bait station. It wasn't removed from the kill site, it is still at the kill site, and is perfectly legal to hunt over. It is not called "bait" because to put bait in the field or hunt over bait is illegal except at a registered bait station. Don't make it harder than it needs to be.
                                Heres a look at that carcass just 49 hrs after we left it....
                                Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine! :whistle:
                                WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X