Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NICE JOB and great write up

Comment

Nice shot...congrats! :topjob: Looks like he's got some real nice thick fur. Thanks for posting your great bear hunt story!

Comment

Great writeup and pics, gets the old blood a pumping. Your gonna want to start saving and get that big boy mounted, you wont regret it , believe me. Ron.

Comment

Congratulations!

Thanks for taking the time to write and share the story.

Comment

Congratulations of a gorgeous bear!

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by PWS_Kyle View Post
              That is an awesome bear, congrats! What rifle were you breaking in?
              "I approached an overlook with pack, newest rifle (30-06 Seka Lite), and some trepidation. "
              Oops, my bad. Not "Seka".......but TEKA , T-3 Lite w fluted barrel. Bought it a year ago and I guess it passed the test.
              Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine! :whistle:
              WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

Great story & bear!

Comment

I notice you mention factory Federal ammo, but not premium, so that was Federal "standard" flavor ammo? Asking in order to determine manufacture of the bullet. If a standard Federal offering then that was likely a Hornady 180grn Interlock?

Comment

Originally posted by .338WM View Post
                    I notice you mention factory Federal ammo, but not premium, so that was Federal "standard" flavor ammo? Asking in order to determine manufacture of the bullet. If a standard Federal offering then that was likely a Hornady 180grn Interlock?
                    Federal 'powershock' 180 grain soft point ammo. Blue box.
                    WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

I'll get the rifle right yet....
                      Sticker is still on it.
                      ha ha. Fitting. It appears that even the pic is upside down now. Oh well.
                      Attached Files
                      WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

Originally posted by cod View Post
                        Federal 'powershock' 180 grain soft point ammo. Blue box.
                        Thank you!

Comment

Remain Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	2491642Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	2491642ing copper jacket on backside of skull.
                          WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

Originally posted by kahahawai View Post
                            Man, Thats awesome !!!! Good Bear, and way to kick off the season...what caliber rifle was that?
                            The new Tikka 30-06 was a 'replacement' for my 1970's era 742 30-06 Remington Woodmaster automatic. For some reason no one uses semi auto rifles here. Afraid they'll jam? Not accurate enough? I knew I would like carrying a lighter rifle.
                            WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

Had to dig through several web sites to find it. Evidently Federal uses the Speer Hot-Cor bullet on that loading. I have had good results in the past with that bullet in my .06'

Penetrating heavy bone as both side of that big ol' head, speaks well of it.

Comment

Originally posted by kk alaska View Post
                                Is that a Gerber folding filet knife? I have one and love it. Thanks for pics and great write up, nice bear.
                                Yep, Gerber. Both the folding knife on the bears head and on the bare skull are Gerbers. Also a fan of Kershaws and love one old Shrade 'Old Timer' I have.
                                WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X