Bear Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear Plugs

What info do you all know about bear "plugs" besides it being hardened feces created during hibernation. Anyone know how long it usually takes for them to lose it and hit the bait stations hard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have found fresh plugs at my bait station....

but, it seems to be anywhere from 3 to 10 days before they turn in to glutions

Chris

Comment

Just an FYI, bears don't plug. It's just the last turd that sits in their large intestine and all the usable parts are absorbed from it, leaving sticks and junk that can't be digested. They loose that turd or plug as it's misnamed as soon as they start eating and their digestive track pushed it out with the next fresh turd.
      Www.blackriverhunting.com
      Master guide 212

Comment

Yea I know they don't do it on purpose, I read as much about it as I could hence the "". Just seeing what people locally have seen but I appreciate the info

Comment

Ya I hear ya. Just sharing info passed on to me, might be usefull to someone.
          Master guide 212

Comment

Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
            Ya I hear ya. Just sharing info passed on to me, might be usefull to someone.
            this is why i'm on this forum. good info.

Comment

Definitely good info to pass on. Didn't mean for it to sound bad, apologies if it came off that way haha

Comment

No worries donuts!
                Master guide 212

Comment

I have had a few BUTT-PLUGS..........anyone want to here about what it is like to poop one of those "Presto Logs" that are made of sawdust and woodchips with some wax and glue for binder......those things are 5" in Diameter.

Torpedoed the back clean off the outhouse and mowed down 1/4 mile of good hemlocks.........and knocked a train off the tracks clean over on the other side of Turnagain Arm. It hit one of those railcars full of Coal so fast it flash burned that whole load of coal.

.roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud::nyanya:
                  "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

Dang! That sounds like a meteor!!
                    Master guide 212

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                      I have had a few BUTT-PLUGS..........anyone want to here about what it is like to poop one of those "Presto Logs" that are made of sawdust and woodchips with some wax and glue for binder......those things are 5" in Diameter.

Torpedoed the back clean off the outhouse and mowed down 1/4 mile of good hemlocks.........and knocked a train off the tracks clean over on the other side of Turnagain Arm. It hit one of those railcars full of Coal so fast it flash burned that whole load of coal.

.roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud::nyanya:
                      Maybe you could post your "outhouse schedule" as a sticky.
                      In the intrests of safety for those who will be headed south on the Seward Hwy for the fishing in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
                        Dang! That sounds like a meteor!!
                        Nope..an assteroid.
                        sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by spoiled one View Post
                          Nope..an assteroid.
                          That there be funny
                          I think about hunting when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day. And I think about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm doing it. ~credit to Carl Yastrzemski~

Comment

Originally posted by shimano 33 View Post
                            That there be funny
                            That it be...

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X