Three to Five
    26.09%
    Six to Eight
    8.70%
    Nine or More
    8.70%
    Never, but I certainly plan on it!
    23.91%

NJ Chris - If you can, you might want to amend your poll. There are a lot of non-res forum members that haven't hunted Alaska at all, but plan to in the future. You don't have a choice for those guys.

-Brian

Comment

Good Thought Any Idea How

Brian, Good thought, but it appears my ability to edit has vanished. Any ideas?

Thanks,
      Chris

Comment

i have made 6 trips so far. number 7 coming in chugach state park in sept.

i am looking forward to many more trips in the future. n place i would rather be.
        Cold Zero
        Member: S.C.I., N.R.A. Life Endowment Member & L.E. Tactical Firearms Instr.

Comment

Future Hunter

Haven't hunted yet but I was along as a picture taker, observer on a brown bear hunt. Funny thing is I got closer to a bear then the hunter I went with did. They all went on a stalk down the shoreline 2 miles away, while stayed back and watched the boat (tides). As I walk the shoreline back and forth from the boat to my observation point I spooked out a bear, thank God it went the other way because I was unarmed (only camera). Won't happen again.
          If you take the woods out of the woodsman you have nothing left but a man in the woods.

Comment

Chris - I went ahead and added a choice for you. Honestly, I'm not sure if you can edit your own poll or not. On the upper right hand corner of the poll box I see a link that says "edit poll", but this might only be a tool available to moderators. Anyhow, are you good with the wording of the choice I added?

-Brian

Comment

How about another choice Brian. Never and never intend to.
              "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
              ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Comment

Non-resident hunts

6 total (5 DIY....Caribou / Moose / Black Bear) and one guided Brown Bear
                and planning number 7 which will be for Brown Bear this Aug. / Sept.
                Eddie

Comment

Akres - Would be kind of odd for a non-res to be reading these boards if they never intend to hunt up here, no?

-Brian

Comment

half and half

The poll is for the number of times a non resident has hunted Alaska. What if half of your trips were as a non resident and half were as a resident.

Comment

Good Question

Originally posted by PC
                      The poll is for the number of times a non resident has hunted Alaska. What if half of your trips were as a non resident and half were as a resident.

Also, how many of those non-res hunts would count to your becoming eligible to participate in Tier II Drawings one day? If I were you, I would certainly find out.
                      "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
                      ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Comment

Thanks Brian

Brian, That's great, thank you for the assist.

PC, Any of your pre-resident hunting trips would count. My guess is a number of the non-resident members would move to Alaska if circumstances would allow.
                        Chris

Comment

Loved it!!

Only once last May!! The wife bought me a blackie hunt for Christmas and man what a wonderful place you have to live in!! It was a self guided trip with my cousin who lives in Valdez and I actually got some good advise and emails from some of you from this board!! Thanks Hoosierhunter!!

Comment

Most every year since the late 80's

I would dare to say that MAYBE a 5% success rate. Most trips are spent just getting together with resident friends, my trip away with "the guys".

Doug
                            http://www.alaskasgreatoutdoors.com

Comment

I haven't been there yet, but I have a hunt booked for 11/07 on Kodiak for blacktails.

--Bill

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X