Tundra Truck update......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tundra Truck update......

I thought some of you would like to know that they are BOTH unstuck and were sitting next to the Dalton hwy last night! No, this is not a belated April fools joke! They worked very hard and basically chiseled them out with jack hammers. There running gear etc was still frozen up and engine compartments were full of snow so they were both towed out to the hwy. They recieved assistance in the removal from various entities who wanted to see those trucks off the tundra (after 7 months!). I know all this because I was involved in the latter stages of the removal. Anyway, that's all I really want to say right now. I am sure you will read about in the paper real soon. Don't ask me about any fines they might recieve etc. because I don't know and am not in the position to say so. Glad they are finally OUT!

Thanks for the post. Keep us posted.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Comment

truck update

Thanks a lot for the update, and your help in getting the trucks out. Those eyesores are finally off the tundra. The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. Thanks again.

-Eric

Comment

could you give some background on this or post a link to the story

Comment

Originally posted by LuJon View Post
          could you give some background on this or post a link to the story
          Tundra locks pickups in its icy grip

Comment

Good for them.
            I'm glad this phase is over, but probably not NEAR as glad as those boys are.
            Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
            "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Comment

Another thread on this-

Hi folks,

There's another thread on this over in the General Discussion forum, which contains additional information from someone else close to the situation.

-Mike
              Michael Strahan
              Site Owner
              Alaska Hunt Consultant
              1 (406) 662-1791

Comment

Air Force Huh... I hope their first shirt tore their *** up. I will say though I deal alot with kids doing stupid stuff and this looks lit just the sort of thing a couple of young dumb airmen would do. I hope they don't throw the book at them. Believe me I am sure their chain of command has allready taken disciplinary action not to mention they lost their trucks for 7 months. just my .02 as another Air Force guy. We know how to get into trouble! but you have to admit we come up with some slick ways to get out of it...jack hammers and sleds..gotta give em credit on that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by LuJon View Post
                  .....just my .02 as another Air Force guy. We know how to get into trouble! but you have to admit we come up with some slick ways to get out of it...jack hammers and sleds..gotta give em credit on that idea.
                  Was it them or the Marines who came and got them out? :-)

(Sorry.........you tossed me a slow, soft one........I had to swing at it.........)

Comment

Which is

Which is a division of the Navy...........

Patriot Life Member NRA
                    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

I work hard with all branches of our countries fighting force and they each have their strengths and weakneses. I will say that the Air Force Para-Rescue units have bailed out more than a few marines. If the marines had done it there would still be half a truck stuck in the tundra remember we (and the navy) are the precision force they are the muscle.

Comment

Tundra Truck Picutres

Check of the Pitures of the recovery
                        Attached Files

Comment

Tundra Truck

More Pictures
                          Attached Files

Comment

Tundra Trucks

Last pictures
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good Job!

Looks like Pump Station 3 or 4 came to the rescue!
                              Alaska

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X