• Show
Clear All

• Good large bear load for the .30/06?

What is the favorites on this forum for that caliber? Thanks! :topjob:

Ding, Ding ! Time for the next round .

Comment

Too funny!

Comment

Someplace I have some 30'06 cartridges that I loaded with 250 gr. Full Metal Jacketed bullets that I removed from old .300 H&H cartridges.
        "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

180's for the M1 garand, 220's for the savage bolt action.....Handloaded with 56 grains of....somethin...I don;t remember what the number is. goin prettyyy fastttttt the 180's are factory, they are the biggest that feed in that old gun.
          Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

In truth its hard to beat this oldie
            http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=547799
            Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo Will View Post
              In truth its hard to beat this oldie
              http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=547799
              You piqued my interest. I didn't know anyone still loaded something that heavy. I looked around further and saw this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=458262

A 240 grain bullet specifically for the 30-06. Cool!

Comment

Those heavies would be awesome for busting brush with iron sights, but if I had a scoped rifle I would want a lighter weight with it's flatter trajectory.
                I like the 165gr-180gr range, but I know little compared to previous posters.
                "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Comment

Originally posted by .338WM View Post
                  Ding, Ding ! Time for the next round .

Ditto, Ditto
                  :ditto:

Comment

I would use a 180 or a 210 Barnes TSX

Comment

Originally posted by tailwind View Post
                      Those heavies would be awesome for busting brush with iron sights, but if I had a scoped rifle I would want a lighter weight with it's flatter trajectory.
                      I like the 165gr-180gr range, but I know little compared to previous posters.
                      Busting brush?

Comment

Yeah this will be in a rifle sighted rifle, no scope. I do plan on having a long range heavier caliber thumper with a killer scope, but that is of a different subject

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          Busting brush?
                          busting or beating brush is hiking in thick cover where a scope would be unnecessary

Originally posted by THE_HUNTERIAM View Post
                          Yeah this will be in a rifle sighted rifle, no scope. I do plan on having a long range heavier caliber thumper with a killer scope, but that is of a different subject
                          Sounds like heavies will be perfect for ya
                          "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Comment

I will be starting out with the .30/06 first and when funds are available go heavy, but the 06 will be my walking gun.

Comment

Originally posted by THE_HUNTERIAM View Post
                              I will be starting out with the .30/06 first and when funds are available go heavy, but the 06 will be my walking gun.
                              Sorry, by heavies I meant 200-240gr bullets in your 30/06. Not get a heavier gun. IMO that 30/06 is as heavy as you need, but some disagree.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X