My daughter's first PWS Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My daughter's first PWS Bear

My daughter Mikayla shot her first bear last night and she was really excited! It was our 4th trip out in the sound out of Valdez and last night we say four different bears. Early in the hunt it was a little uncomfortable. We had just scared a sow and cub and spoked them off. I was adjusting my pack and she was leaning up against a tree and a pine cone landed on her head and she said, "Dad, there is a bear in the tree above me." Apparently the sow had two cubs, one had retreated and the other went up the tree. We high tailed it out of there and spotted this boar that sqaured a little over 6'2". She made anice shot with a 30-06 that broke both shoulders and the bear went just 20 yards. I HOPE she is now hooked for life
    Attached Files

Two more pics

A couple more pictures.
    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats Mikayla! You will always remember your first bear and hunting with your father.

AKMATT

Comment

Alright Mikayla!!! Nice bear too! Hope it's first of many.

Comment

Congrats on a nice bear.. Way to get your kids ot their and enjoy the outdoors..

Hoytguy
          Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

Comment

Full On "Congratulations," to both Mikayla, and Dad for a great memory maker hunt

Nice Bear too, thanks for the pics and story
            Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Comment

Wow, nice looking bear! I'm definitely a bit jealous! Good Job!

Comment

Awesome first bear and what a way to strengthen the bond between father and daughter! Hope to do the same in the future with both my son and daughter. Congrats Mikayla!!!

AZinAK

Comment

Congrats to your daughter!! Way to go dad for getting Mikayla involved in a great sport.

Comment

Congrats!!!! Fine fine job to you both. Keep it up!!!!

Comment

Well done! You might just have a hunting partner for life. Good shooting!
                      sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Awesome on accounts! Great bear, GREAT story, Great Team. Congratulations!

Comment

Great shot and great bear!
                          In her 4th season too - perseverance pays for sure!
                          Congratulations to you both. Thanks for posting the photos.
                          No habitat, no hunter.

Comment

I remember that feeling almost a year ago to date. Should have her rug back from the taxi next week and yes she is hooked! Congrats to you both.
                            Semper Fi and God Bless

Comment

Man that is great hoping I can do the same for my ten year old son tonight on our bait. Congrats
                              Is it opening day of duck season yet
                              Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X