Missing Talkeetna woman..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Talkeetna woman..

Keep the jokes to a minimum please, Melanie is a super nice lady. The attached flyer says it all. If you are out and about this weekend please keep an eye out.
    Attached Files
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Hopefully she is found safe!

Comment

Here's some more info about the search.

http://www.adn.com/2011/06/03/189773...nds-worry.html

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Have-y...60060884060648

Keep us updated please Doug.
      “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
      "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Comment

Prayers offered for a good ending to this bad situation.
        Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Comment

According to the ADN, the Troopers were reporting they had contact with her and she wants some "space". Hope all ends well and things work out.

Comment

As long as she is NOT doing a "Blue Tarp Amy" she will be fine. The AST say they have talked to her.
            "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

I hope everything turns out well and she is found safe. I have seen no place where AST have actualy talk to her nor has she asked for space. Maybe your reading something else i dont know about?

"Troopers somehow confirmed Gould had been at two locations in the past two days, said spokeswoman Megan Peters. Peters declined to say where or when Gould was seen or why troopers believe she's OK" ADN

"Alaska State Troopers say Gould is not officially a missing person, yet, but are asking anyone with information about her whereabouts to contact them at 733-2256". frontiersman

"While troopers have found no evidence of foul play in Gould's disappearance from Talkeetna, they still wanted to talk to her to make sure she's OK" ADN

Comment

Originally posted by AKDoug View Post
                Keep the jokes to a minimum please, Melanie is a super nice lady. The attached flyer says it all. If you are out and about this weekend please keep an eye out.
                I certainly hope they find her safe and sound, sounds like that might be the case, which would be a very happy ending to this. I'm not sure what could possibly be funny about a missing person, but if there is something, I'm glad folks have refrained from pointing it out in this case.

Comment

I'm a little thin skinned at times. This place easily degrades into insults and jokes about various communities and Talkeetna doesn't have the most stellar reputation in some people's eyes.

Anyhow, nobody I have talked to has reported that AST has actually talked to her. It's definately not like her to leave her dogs for any reason, they are family to her.
                  Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Comment

They found her truck.....

Denali Highway.

Not making light of this Doug, but it has the appearance of a 'WalkAbout' from this perspective....

LINK
                    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
                      Denali Highway.

Not making light of this Doug, but it has the appearance of a 'WalkAbout' from this perspective....

LINK

What am I missing? I read the whole thing twice and can't see a single aspect of this that sounds like a "walkabout." Left dogs behind. Truck parked in the middle of nowhere. Oh well... still hope someone runs across her safe and sound. If she is "walkabout" then I hope she gets the help she needs in that case as well.

Comment

Mushers don't leave their dogs behind and go 'walk-about'.
                        Anyone know the people caring for the animals and if they need any help?
                        "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Comment

Again, I am in now way trying to hijack or minimize the efforts and concern of all involved. But following News Reports, AST Dispatches, and the FB Page dedicated to her search, she has left a fairly good trail and there has been no accounts or inference of Foul Play.

It's Alaska. Sometimes certain folks just decide they need to take a stroll. Not sure what "Help" she needs, requires or wants, but sometimes one can find all the Help they need by some time alone in the Wilderness, alone.

Personal Demons are oft times best dealt with....personally.

All the Best hoped for her well being.

Comment

Originally posted by tailwind View Post
                            Mushers don't leave their dogs behind and go 'walk-about'.
                            Anyone know the people caring for the animals and if they need any help?

The dogs are being well cared for, as per the volunteers and notices.

And Mushers are individuals, just like everyone else. Only a fool would speak for them as a whole....

...Oh...Wait....One just did.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaHippie View Post

And Mushers are individuals, just like everyone else. Only a fool would speak for them as a whole....

...Oh...Wait....One just did.
                              Wow. Really uncalled for. I'm out. Sometimes I wish I never checked these forums.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X