kodiak cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kodiak cost

how much would you guys expect to pay for a one week unguided liveaboard deer hunt pp.

I did one 8 years ago and the cost was about $1,500 , today i would guess over $2,000

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Comment

RR was that per person
      Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Priceless.

Comment

Yes it was

RR
          Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
          Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Comment

Did a guided Kodiak deer hunt in 2006. was only $2500. Got just about the same hunt- guided, 10 days, - scheduled for 2012. $2700 per person now. And the whole adventure was fanastic!!!
            Chris

Comment

More than I can justify!
              http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoformudv View Post
                More than I can justify!
                You can't justify a $200 deer steak?

Comment

When I have looked up the liveaboard prices it has come out to be a bit more than $200 a steak! I think we got a lot better deal than that plus a trip of a lifetime which you can't put a price on.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by hntr View Post
                    You can't justify a $200 deer steak?
                    I forget how much did those tenderloins in the olive oil and garlic roasted over the MSR stoves cost us?

Comment

I realize you are asking about a "live-aboard" boat type of hunt but I'll tell you about our little adventure anyways!

We did a trip over Thanksgiving with a transporter called "Spirit of Alaska Wilderness Adventures". This place is an old cannery built in the 1930s and was partially converted over to a hunters and fishermans adventure destination. The guy who runs it is Steele Davis. I think he will take up to 7-8 hunters a week. Nice guy that treats you very fair. He is only a transporter and NOT a guide. He will take you out every morning in a landing craft and drop you off in different spots, then pick you up at the end of the day or when you radio him at pre-determined radio-check times. When returning to the lodge with your kill, he has a nice room to process your meat and hang it. During our trip, He took us out and dropped crab-pots, took us out to whack some ducks.....overall treated us well. The guest cabin is good size with 4 bedrooms and two bathrooms and full kitchen. The cost was $875.00 per hunter for a full week. This did not include the trip TO Kodiak or the float plane ride TO the lodge. I used air miles for the ride to Kodiak and the float plane was $450.00 r.t.

We shot some nice deer and harvested some huge Tanner Crabs. My son and I will be going back there again!

Comment

Would you mind sharing the name of the guide you used for your Kodiak hunt?

Comment

thanks judd i will look into them.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoformudv View Post
                            I forget how much did those tenderloins in the olive oil and garlic roasted over the MSR stoves cost us?
                            I'm gonna say "Priceless"

Comment

Originally posted by hntr View Post
                              I'm gonna say "Priceless"
                              I concur.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X