No announcement yet.

what gun oil to use in alaska??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what gun oil to use in alaska??????????

What oil will stand up to Alaska's weather for wet cold weather hunting-below freezing and rust protection

I use Eezox for all my gun cleaning needs. Read the following tests and makr YOUR own choice.

http://www.6mmbr.com/corrosiontest.html

Comment

Yes. I read two or three tests of oils and Eezox came out on top for rust protection. I have seen not a lot about friction tests. Thinking to coat my rifle with Eezox and after it dries, put a few drops of Nyqil in the action spots. My thinking.

Comment

I'm offended that they didn't add hoppes No 9 to that list....
        Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

NAHh ! Hoppes #9 is a cleaner and NOT a protectant. I do love the smell though.

Comment

I have used G-96 for protection of my rifles for years, It will not freeze also. I have a friend that swears by MP from Amsoil. Rem-oil also seems to work well. Keep them clean and oiled after each drenching.

Comment

Hah? What?
              You guys use gun oil?

On my guide gun, "Big Ugly", I use whatever gun oil my client-hunter might run through the barrel or rub onto any other exposed metal areas of my gun.
              Perhaps, if I used more gun oil, of any type, "Big Ugly" would be less rusty-brown and more "factory-blued".
              But if I did all, or any of that gun care stuff, who would be cooking the rib-eye steaks for dinner?

dennis
              Imagine (It's easy if you try)
              …miles and miles of mountains…wide expanses of tundra...remote wild waters…
              (Whisper words of wisdom) Let It Be

Comment

I looked online about this EEZOX stuff. Youtube video as well. Those rust tests seem to good to be true. Something was said about Eezox, and it was that water did not bead when in contact with Eezox. Water beads on oil, silicone, teflon, and wax but not on Eezox and yet it had very little rust on its test piece. If it is not repelling salt water why does it work so much better than all the others???

Comment

Never heard of EEZOX. Where can I buy some locally in/around Anchorage to try it out? Anyone sell it in the large 1 gallon jugs?

Comment

Originally posted by brav01 View Post
                    NAHh ! Hoppes #9 is a cleaner and NOT a protectant. I do love the smell though.
                    HaHa I know, I was ust foolin.
                    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

Rem Oil is good stuff.

Comment

I've always used Break-Free.
                        Now what ?

Comment

Kroil is my choice as a powder and carbon solvent and lubricant. It is a thin, moisture resistant penetrating liquid that doesn't gel up in freezing temps and tends to stay in place after cycling through several rounds. It goes on thin and stays that way.

Comment

CLP was good enough for me when i was in the Marines. If its good enough for the Marines it good enough for me. It never failed me in the Corps and never failed me since. Just dont get carried away wiht it!!

Comment

I have been using Tetra Gun Oil since it first came out years ago and it seems to work well. I am probably behind the times though. Never heard of EEZOX. Better check it out, I'm all for what works best. None of it smells as good as the old Hoppes #9 cleaning solvent. If it came in a after shave I would have my wife get me some for Christmas!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X