Son's 1st Bear...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son's 1st Bear...

Went out last weekend with my 9 year old and hiked to tree line around the Hope area when we crossed paths with a 5 footer nibbling on some fresh shoots. He was about 175 yards down hill from us which was as close as we could get with out worrying about being spotted. So, my son shouldered the 30.06 and fired...the bear went about 30 yards into the brush and piled up! Those reduced load 130 gr. Barnes TTSX I loaded for him worked AWESOME! It was an 8 hour round trip adventure with memories we'll both cherish forever...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Bear1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	2509712

Thank You for thinning out the bear population in the Hope area. The young man looks very happy and proud, as he should be. Nice bear, tell him congratulations, fine shooting, well done.
    "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

Ecellent!!

Take the boy whenever possibe, you'll never go wrong with that.
      If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.:topjob:

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Comment

NICE! Thats one happy boy there!
        Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

Its great seeing the youngins getting out and having some successful hunts this spring congrats to you and your son!!!
          http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

Tell him congrats, job well done.

Hoytguy
            Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

Comment

Nice job, Dad. Congrats to your son for his success.

Comment

Very nice indeed! I thought I really enjoyed hunting until I was able to start taking my son and nephew on their first hunts and to see the joy in their eyes was better than I could have imagined!
                Well done and thx for sharing!
                When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Comment

Beauty!
                  BK
                  BK Marine Services 232-6399
                  Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
                  Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
                  Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Congrats to your boy FS. Memory of a lifetime!! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Just awesome!!! That's a lifetime of bragging for that young man. Will make a great rug too.

Comment

Outstanding! Tell the boy congrats! Great job getting the kid out and about!
                        Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Comment

Nice job Dad. I can still remember the first deer I shot with my dad. Dad is no longer around, but I am sure he is there everytime I go out.
                          Dan

Comment

Congrats. What a lucky boy.
                            "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Comment

Awesome congrats to you and the little one!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X