Black Bear Hunting the Staney Creek Area on POW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Bear Hunting the Staney Creek Area on POW

Had an awesome time. My buddy and I shot two nice bruins over 6'. Thanks to Muskeg and others for thoughts and advice. Also like to thank Steve Bethune in Craig for his service. Rosey Roseland in Thorne Bay (the Salt Shack) did an excellent job of fleshing the bears and shipping them to our taxidermist. Needless to say we had an excellent time on POW and were greatly impressed by our experience. Enjoy the photos.
    Attached Files

That one is a Toad. Congrat's on a good trip.
    sigpic

Comment

Does Rosey Live on the island now? Or just visiting from MT?

Comment

Rosey lives in Thorne Bay

Comment

Glad to hear this hunt went well for you this time that is an awesome looking bear. I hunted in the bay area there one evening in 09

Comment

I wonder if he bought Don Thomas's place there in Thorne Bay.

Comment

Yes, Rosey lives in Thorne Bay. He has for almost 2 years. No, he did not buy Thomas' place.

Comment

That is one big bear congrats!
                http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

???The picture of the bear pelt hanging is a black bear? Looks as big as many brown bear.
                  What did he square?
                  'Cause it looks like a giant black bear!
                  Congrats on the black bear of a lifetime.
                  IBEX

Comment

Nice bear; congrats!!
                    Karma is like a rubber band; it can only stretch so far before it comes back and smacks you in the face.

Comment

Nice hunting and very nice blackie!

Comment

Thanks to all. The bear salted and hanging is a black bear. From end to end measured 6'4." I don't have the side to side measurement so I don't know what the bear squared. I was extremely happy with the pelt. Rosey told me to tell everyone that he was 6'6" in the attached photo. I don't know his exact height, but it's closer to 5'6" than 6'6."

Bottom Line: I had a great time and enjoyed POW and highly recommend a spring POW black bear hunt!

Comment

Congrats! Just got back to PA from hunting out of Whittier. Very nice bear. I was lucky and able to harvest one too. Nice job!!

Comment

WOW!!!!! Nice bear. Congrats on a great trophy!!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X