X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my first Bear

Got him in 6D. No rubs. 17 1/8" skull

sigpic

Great looking bear!Were is the hunt story?

Comment

We were just glassing a mountain side and saw him up at 200 yards. Went to beach the boat and jump off, but it was rocky so I jumped out early to keep from making noise. Stopped the boat and went to take the shot, just as I shot, the boat bumped me and I missed. Bear took off into the woods. shortly after he came running back out and towards us behind another group of trees. I waited for him to clear the trees and then thats when I got him. At 100 yards. He kept tumbling down the mountain side and landed on the beach, so I didn't have to climb up and get him.
      sigpic

Comment

Congratulations, nice bear.
        "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

Way to go!
          I shot one in Idaho once that rolled right to the road. I had just got done telling my wife that I work so hard for all of my animals, and some people get lucky and get them from the road. I guess I need to have that conversation more often.

Comment

Looks healthy, bet he tastes great Good one
            If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.:topjob:

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Comment

Nice. Skull looks really wide too.

Comment

Originally posted by norsehunter View Post
                Nice. Skull looks really wide too.
                I think he measure 6 by 11
                sigpic

Comment

Nice bear, curious what does 6D and no rubs mean ? Thanks =)
                  Alaska bound !

Comment

Originally posted by Rumbarr View Post
                    Nice bear, curious what does 6D and no rubs mean ? Thanks =)
                    6D = the unit he harvested it in.

No Rubs = the hide was in good condition

Comment

A short story to describe a near perfect hunting experience.
                      Next time it may be an all week sneak in the rain after a ram or billy.
                      While your boar was a little to easy, thanks for taking us along on your hunt. It looks like a fine unrubbed bear that will make a beautiful rug.
                      Ibex

Comment

don't take it wrong, I know it was easy, but the week before, I climbed up a rock face 4 hours only to have my gun jam. Luckily the hunting partner didn't have his first tag filled and was able to take the kill so we didn't come down empty handed. Well so to speak. Didn't bring him down then since we were running out of light. But took the next day off work to go pack it out. But found a better easier way up.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well done - nice bear for sure and it is sweet to get a "close one" to haul out to make up for some of the nasty ones! IMO bears are the worst critter to try and drag or move around I have hunted - I learned long ago to pack some rope as its much easier to hang onto than a round slick furry bear leg!
                          Congrats!
                          What caliber is that Browning jammer ?
                          When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Comment

.338 It just had debris in it from crossing the rock face. I knew what it was when I when I went to load, but fingers were to big to get far enough in it. It was just enough to not allow the bolt to slide down the key in the chamber with a shell in it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice looking bear good job!
                              http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X