Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBD Big Bear Down ( Lil Hoytguy)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BBD Big Bear Down ( Lil Hoytguy)

    Just got back from a weekend trip, took my son out to PWS for some fishing and spot and stalk bear hunting.. He took a real nice bear last year on May 22nd, This year I told him in order to shoot one it has to be bigger than last years.. It wasn't until Sat afternoon, 15 May that the 7th bear or so we had spotted was the one we were looking at was pretty nice.. I thought it was big enough to take a closer look. After post holing a mile through crotch deep snow, we got to 150 yards of the unsuspecting guy feeding along a waterfall.. FOund a good position to shoot from on a avalance shoot, pretty much level and down wind..My son put the cross hairs on the shoulder and squeezed.. sounded like a cannnon in the back of the valley.. Bear sort of hunched up, took a few steps and that was it.. Skull is right at 19" green, havent fleshed it yet but guessing it will go 6'6", give or take a inch or so..

    My daughter shot her bear last year on the 22nd also with in 100 meters of this spot..They seem to like it.

    HoytguyClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2474.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	2509698Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2499.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	2509699
    Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

  • #2
    Super nice! Gotta love hunting with the kids. BTW, you don't happen to know a good taxidermist in Palmer that could rug his bear do you?

    Congrats, wishing you the best from Dillingham...

    Rob
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

    Comment


    • #3
      Teach 'em good!!!

      Very Nice!
      If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.:topjob:

      "Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

      Comment


      • #4
        Very nice job, Dad.

        Comment


        • #5
          Congrats and Way to go little Hoytguy.

          Comment


          • #6
            Way to go for getting the kids out there! What was his caliber and bullet choice?

            Comment


            • #7
              Not a better feeling than to watch your youngster learning and enjoying the outdoors. You are both to be congradulated!!
              Semper Fi and God Bless

              Comment


              • #8
                Simply awesome!!! Way cool pics and I am sure that your son is WAY stoked. Though this bigger next year deal may have to be over after him bagging this monster.

                Comment


                • #9
                  That's awesome! What a beautiful bear! I love pictures of successful young hunters. It just makes me want to round up the kids on my street and take them grouse hunting this fall.
                  Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well done! Very nice bear.

                    Drew
                    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

                    Scott Adams

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Good Bear!!!
                      "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
                      ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hoyt,
                        Apparently your doing things right, keep up the good work.
                        Congrats to both your kids! Nice freakin' bear your son shot!!
                        BK
                        BK Marine Services 232-6399
                        Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
                        Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
                        Www.bkmarineservices.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Congratulations Little'Hoyt.
                          "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Congrats to father and son!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Super nice, Hopefully I can help get my son his 1st this year.

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X