My Kodiak Brown Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Kodiak Brown Bear

I was fortunate enough to kill this nice Brownie on May 3rd in the Red Lake area on Kodiak Island. I was hunting with Scott Mileur and Greg Accord. They were able to call this bear out of his bed, some 250 yards away, into 20 yards where I made a 20 yard shot with my bow. We did have to follow up the bear into some very thick and nasty alders where I had to get a couple more arrows into him. It was by far the the most memorable hunt of my life and will surely be my most priced trophy! Scott guessed he would square about 9 feet give or take an inch or two. The fish and Game measured the skull at 26 1/8 and siad he was about an 8 to 8.5 year old bear. I cannot recommend Scott Mileur and his assistant Greg Accord enough! They are truly great Brown Bear guides and just darn goods guys all around!
    From Left to right: Scott Mileur, My friend Kurt Thomas, Greg Accord, Myself
    Attached Files

Wow! That would be intense!!! Good on ya! Congrats on a memory of a lifetime!

AZinAK

Comment

congrats on the nice bear ....I am jealous
      "Horns make pi$* poor soup"

Comment

a couple more pics
        Attached Files

Comment

Great Bear,Way to go getting it done with the Bow.
          Congrats
          sigpic

Comment

Got to love matching wits with the prey and winning. Much more enjoyable to me than saying I can hit him from here and shooting a long poke.You for sure knew what you were getting before letting it fly
            Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Congrats, what a hunt of a lifetime,

Great to hear of a great guide and assistant recommended like that,
              (were they calling it out with a Fawn Bleat, hand call maybe?)

and as for yourself,......Brown Bear with a Bow,...... Absolutely Amazing
              (would be interesting to see a heart rate monitor read out, for those few minutes of your day)

thanks for the pics too
              Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Comment

Kodiakrain,
                Yea Greg and Scott both have had great success with fawn bleats. The routinely call them in close for their clients.

Comment

That is fantastic that they let you do your thing. Many guides would have just finished him with a rifle.
                  Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Comment

Brown Bear with a Bow! Awesome! Congrats man....that is truly an amazing accomplishment, something few hunters get to experience or have the nerve to even try. Great job!

RC

Comment

Hell of a job....that area is fantastic to hunt. Got to love those freaking alders.

Comment

Congrats, outstanding..

Comment

Nice bear. Shot with a bow is all the better! Should provide a lot of great memories in the years to come...
                          Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Comment

Congrats on a great looking bear and getting it with a bow thats awesome!! Most guys wouldn't go into the alders after a non wounded bear much less a wounded one with a bow!
                            http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

I aint stuck a Bear with a bow yet, so I'm Jelouse.....sorta....I should build me a bow ~~LOL!!~~

Most excellent !!!, wish I was there.
                              If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.:topjob:

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X