More than a few bears are out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than a few bears are out

Not expecting to see that many bears out yet, I decided to go on a weekend hunt anyways. Ended up seeing 10 black bear and 1 grizz, which chose to come into the camp just as I was crawling into the tent. I heard him snapping his jaws and grabbed the .300. Had to fire a warning round which still didnt scare him off, after much yelling at him, he took off. Obviously, I could hardly sleep at all that night!

Dang.......

Least you fear man or beast, the .300 at your side, sleep well kyle11.......
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.:topjob:

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Comment

all them there bears........and no report of something in the pot?
      Semper Fi and God Bless

Comment

I seen some big blackies in there last year and was hoping for one of them. All the bear I saw were smaller or were sows with cubs. But who knows....I may get an itchy trigger finger this weekend.

Comment

I went out this weekend and didn't see a thing. I did come across some brown bear tracks ... but no blackies. Maybe I'm in the wrong area(s). Where were you hunting this weekend? Interior, Inland, Peninsula or 'on the beach'. I've been hunting on the Peninsula ...

Comment

Nice! Went out scouting (call it scouting cause we didnt kill anything ) last weekend with a hunting buddy. Saw a sow and a cub. More than likely last years cub, but didn't want to chance it. Just glassed them. Going out this weekend with the bows! (accompanied by 2 glock 20 10mm's!) Same thing, going after Mr. Pope and Young. Good luck!
            Grab a friend, a rifle and go hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntAK59 View Post
              More than likely last years cub, but didn't want to chance it.
              This years cubs should be about the size of a poodle.
              Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
              "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Comment

Truenorthed,
                I've never hunted down by the Peninsula. I've been going inland a little ways. Goin out Fri-Mon, so I'll let ya guys know how that goes. But I've been seeing a lot of tracks everywhere I go. Saw a little blackie(maybe 4.5 footer) cross the glenn this morning bout a mile south of the knik exit...

Comment

Originally posted by Vance in AK View Post
                  This years cubs should be about the size of a poodle.
                  Thats what I figured, This one had quite a bit of mass to it. Was near the road though, and a lot of tourists saw us glassing and came in as well to see what we were looking at. Woulda been more hastle then fun if they *****ed.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle11 View Post
                    Truenorthed,
                    I've never hunted down by the Peninsula. I've been going inland a little ways. Goin out Fri-Mon, so I'll let ya guys know how that goes. But I've been seeing a lot of tracks everywhere I go. Saw a little blackie(maybe 4.5 footer) cross the glenn this morning bout a mile south of the knik exit...
                    Good luck. Going out this weekend as well. Let us know how you make out, will do the same

Comment

Good luck. Going out this weekend as well. Let us know how you make out, will do the same
                      I'm going to try and make it out maybe this evening for a few hours, then tomorrow morning for a few hours. Even if I see no blackies, at least I'll get outside and enjoy the hike/scenery. Good luck guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Truenorthed View Post
                        I'm going to try and make it out maybe this evening for a few hours, then tomorrow morning for a few hours. Even if I see no blackies, at least I'll get outside and enjoy the hike/scenery. Good luck guys!

We went out yesterday, sat 16 hours without seeing a bear. 2 bears on bait. About to head out now

Comment

We went out yesterday, sat 16 hours without seeing a bear. 2 bears on bait. About to head out now

Nothing this weekend.

Comment

My wife made a trip to Homer yesterday and last night on the return trip she took Skilak Road at 10PM. She saw one black bear that she followed up the road for almost 1/2 a mile and at one time, it was 10 feet from the drivers side window. She told me it looked so pretty, it looked like it just came from the Groomers. LOL Apparently it didn't have a care in the world nor did it care she was that close to it for such a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by chico99645 View Post
                              My wife made a trip to Homer yesterday and last night on the return trip she took Skilak Road at 10PM. She saw one black bear that she followed up the road for almost 1/2 a mile and at one time, it was 10 feet from the drivers side window. She told me it looked so pretty, it looked like it just came from the Groomers. LOL Apparently it didn't have a care in the world nor did it care she was that close to it for such a long time.
                              I have seen many black bear on that loop and on the shores of Hidden too. All off limits, and they seem to know it.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X