This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

peninsula brownie

my first brown bear. 9'5" and jst under 27". Hard hunt (trust me).
    Attached Files

Comment

SE Alaska Bear Hunt

Back from a four day hunt looking for brown and blacks, between three of us we got two blacks and a brown. After shooting a decent black and passing a few more bear I settled on a nice colored and very thick hair brown. Got to try out my new boat and motor, all equipment performed great and it was good to get out with a couple of new to Alaska hunters and away from work. What a great state we live in, and yes that is a scope bite ;-)
      Attached Files

Comment

First on new bait

Took first bear of the year this weekend. Small sow- great hide, very tasty meat!
        Attached Files

Comment

10 year old's first black bear

a real trophy for a little girl. her excitement continued from the time she saw and shot the bear, until she provided for the family dinner a delicious bear steak and bear bbq ribs dinner.
          Attached Files

Comment

first brown bear

my first brown bear
            Attached Files

Comment

Kodiak hunt ,

May 5,2008, great hunt, 375h&h, 8' sow, weather was cold all week.
              Attached Files

Comment

Whittier Black 4/25/08

Little bear, but I couldnt be choosey. Got him at the last possible minute. He has a very Nice hide though, Thick and soft. Meat is interesting, kinda like oyester. Made a 237 yard shot on him, my longest to date. dropped him pretty much right there.

Comment

Unit 13 Griz

Shot this boar 27 May. Approx 7'2". Measured 22" skull. Awsome blond color, awsome weather, awsome hunt.
                  Attached Files

Comment

PWS Black Bear

This is the wifes first Black Bear. 19 inch skull and over 6 feet.

Steve
                    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

First black bear

Port Chatham on Katchemak. Small, but gorgeous fur, and quite tasty after 3 days of PB&J and cup o soup. not a great pic of the bear; photographer is fired.
                      Attached Files
                      Matt Drayton, Chef de Cuisine
                      Captain Steve's Fishing Lodge
                      www.captainstevesfishinglodge.com

Comment

Unit 13 blackies

Client took these two bears last week of may, one sow, in the mid 5' range and one bear that went right at 6 foot, nothing spectacualar but my first black bears in the snow, trying out some different ways of takin' pics of these things...went with the wolf/leopard/mt lion pose for kicks!

Www.blackriverhunting.com
                        Master guide 212

Comment

Kuiu Black Bear

Just got home from my SE Alaska Black Bear hunt. Had a great trip, great weather, and great hunting. Hunted with Bruce Parker.

20 9/16 skull

Comment

POW Bear

2008 POW Black Bear. DIY.
                            Attached Files

Comment

PWS blackie

My first black bear from PWS....another very skinny bear! Still tasted great!
                              Attached Files

Comment

May hunt in Homer, 18 5/8" skull. Shot at him with an arrow while kneeling on the ground next to a fallen tree. Killed him at 15 feet with my 454, one shot to the head. After skinning I found the arrow had past underneath the brisket, completely missing the bear. I was downwind of the bear as he came by, there was a stiff 25 mph ( I am guessing) wind coming off the bay. I surprised him at close range after he leaving a sow with one year old cubs that he was "courting". I was on the ground with nothing between us and I was alone. Bear spray would have blown right back into my face and is not that effective on black bears anyways I am told. So I am thankful for having a gun backup for sure.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X