This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Hunting Pictures

No one had made a forum for 2017 hunting picture...
    I got a cow moose on opener, on less for people to hit while driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Winter moose gotta love it!

Comment

Eating good in the neighborhood.
      Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
      Genesis 9:3

Comment

Originally posted by cariboumaster View Post
        No one had made a forum for 2017 hunting picture...
        I got a cow moose on opener, on less for people to hit while driving.

Very nice!! Which hunt was this if you don't mind me asking?

Jon
        Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Comment

Targeted moose hunt on KGB

Comment

Congrats! Sweet hunt and close to home.
            Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Comment

Winter goat(s)

Took my daughter to Kodiak during spring break for a goat hunt. 3 days of being delayed in town due to our stuff we shipped cargo finally arriving...we got out and set up camp in 3-4' of snow. Snowshoes were a must and defiantly added to the difficulty and suck factor. We watched these goats for a few days thru the spotting scope and when we thought we had em figured out we put a stalk on and got em both with 1 shot each at our respective goat.

Both used a 6.5 creedmoor, I carried a Kimber mountain accent and Chas had a ruger American. For x mas my wife bought me a RCBS press and some reloading gadgets. So since then I been learning and tweaking a round that I could build, shoot from our guns and take a animal. Used 143 gr ELD X rounds, hornady brass and CCI primers.

Her goat is 9 3/4" and aged at 11.5 years old. I carried my biggest Billy to date, 9.5 years old, 9.5" length with 6 " bases..

only seen 1 deer in the field and 1 deer by the airport. Few tracks.

Hoytguy
              Attached Files
              Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

Comment

Goats in the snow are just cool. Where abouts on the island were you? East side west side?
                Www.blackriverhunting.com
                Master guide 212

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytguy View Post
                  Took my daughter to Kodiak during spring break for a goat hunt. 3 days of being delayed in town due to our stuff we shipped cargo finally arriving...we got out and set up camp in 3-4' of snow. Snowshoes were a must and defiantly added to the difficulty and suck factor. We watched these goats for a few days thru the spotting scope and when we thought we had em figured out we put a stalk on and got em both with 1 shot each at our respective goa

Both used a 6.5 creedmoor, I carried a Kimber mountain accent and Chas had a ruger American. For x mas my wife bought me a RCBS press and some reloading gadgets. So since then I been learning and tweaking a round that I could build, shoot from our guns and take a animal. Used 143 gr ELD X rounds, hornady brass and CCI primers.

Her goat is 9 3/4" and aged at 11.5 years old. I carried my biggest Billy to date, 9.5 years old, 9.5" length with 6 " bases..

only seen 1 deer in the field and 1 deer by the airport. Few tracks.

Hoytguy
                  Congrats now thats the way to spend spring break in the outdoors
                  Is it opening day of duck season yet
                  Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Comment

I made it out for a couple spring caribou hunts in February and March. Definitely the best of these was with my 13 year old nephew who managed his first caribou and first ptarmigan while in a full arm cast. Excellent trip!

Comment

Couple pics of my successful winter targeted moose hunt. The ol Hoyt Carbon Spyder was happy to get out and put fresh groceries in the freezer

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                        I made it out for a couple spring caribou hunts in February and March. Definitely the best of these was with my 13 year old nephew who managed his first caribou and first ptarmigan while in a full arm cast. Excellent trip!

Nice! Way to go Brian! Good on ya for helping out your nephew like that. Looks like you had fabulous weather too.

Comment

Another Big Blackie Down

Nice 6.5' boar with my oldest son.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GAredneck View Post
                            Nice 6.5' boar with my oldest son.
                            Congrats, looks like a perfect pelt too. Nice pig for your kiddo
                            Take a youngster out when you go, it will change his/her life forever!!

Comment

Very nice congrats to you and your son
                              Is it opening day of duck season yet
                              Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X