King Goes Float Hunting or There And Back Again by kingfisherktn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    You guys really think I'm coming to Anc? We'll see.
    You'll be there... cane in all.
    Lurker.

Comment

• Originally posted by COtoAK View Post
      You'll be there... cane in all.
      That's a FM tamer.
      Last edited by kingfisherktn; 11-07-2010, 18:08. Reason: sp
      Vegetables arenít food, vegetables are what food eats.

Comment

• what's the range on that thing?

Originally posted by kingfisherktn View Post
        That's a FM tamer.
        There are those tougher than you that have tried to tame me. None more "mature" though, so maybe I'd indeed better watch out.

What's the range of that cane, about 3 feet? I'll hurl my retorts from 4 or more feet away I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by FamilyMan View Post
          There are those tougher than you that have tried to tame me. None more "mature" though, so maybe I'd indeed better watch out.

What's the range of that cane, about 3 feet? I'll hurl my retorts from 4 or more feet away I guess.
          I'm sure Mrs. FM didn't have much of a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingfisherktn View Post
            I'm sure Mrs. FM didn't have much of a problem.
            She's still tryin'.... (he says, from about 4 feet away...)

Comment

• Originally posted by FamilyMan View Post
              She's still tryin'.... (he says, from about 4 feet away...)
              Ha, you only get to do what she allows you to do.

Comment

• WOW! Great story King. My face hurts from smiling so much as I read your story. Congrats to you all! It was great to read about good people having good times. And the fact that you guys had a great cast of "Characters" to help you in the endeavor just proves that you got what you deserved, a great trip!
                I am in no way underestimating the amount of hard work, and blood (in your son's case- way to jump in front of the knife to save your old man from being stuck like that!!! LOL), sweat, and tears (really?! It's painted in camo) that you ALL put in to make the trip as wonderful as it sounded. A million thanks for the story and the inspiration from you and your friends and associates.

Comment

• I'm humbled, thanks.

(no comment, FM)!

Comment

• This is, hands down, the single best post I've ever read on a hunting forum. I've hunted in Alaska for five years and I couldn't tell one of my stories verbally, face to face, to someone with such skill and poigniance.

I sincerily thank you for sharing this marvelous family adventure.

Jim~

Comment

• Thank you Sir!
                      king

Comment

• King,

Maybe I missed it, but did you all flesh/turn lips,ears,eyelids/salt all the moose capes? I'm guessing from the pictures the 'bou and (of course)grizz were. If so WOW! You guys worked your hind parts off on that trip!

Thanks so much again.

Jim~

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim~ View Post
                          This is, hands down, the single best post I've ever read on a hunting forum. I've hunted in Alaska for five years and I couldn't tell one of my stories verbally, face to face, to someone with such skill and poigniance.

I sincerily thank you for sharing this marvelous family adventure.

Jim~
                          Good story telling is something that comes with age. Needless to say King is REALLY REALLY old. <grin>

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim~ View Post
                            King,

Maybe I missed it, but did you all flesh/turn lips,ears,eyelids/salt all the moose capes? I'm guessing from the pictures the 'bou and (of course)grizz were. If so WOW! You guys worked your hind parts off on that trip!

Thanks so much again.

Jim~
                            Jim:

The only capes kept were of the bou and grizz.

BTW:

Don't believe anything the youngster Lujon says.

Comment

• King,

Did you all go in agreeing that no moose capes would be fleshed and salted and only enough salt be carried for, say.. grizz and 'bou?

I really do hate to be a bother on this, if you don't mind, how much salt did you take with you vs. how much you wished you'd have brought?

Your planning throughout this hunt seems so meticulous; I'm interrested to know why you decided to pack the ammount of salt you did (weight always being an issue on drop-off hunts, of course). You know what they say about hindsight (word around here is you're old, hindsight has nothing to do with your vision..).., in spite of that, do you wish you had brought more salt?

Jim~

Comment

• We took in 100 lbs of salt to be used for caribou and/or grizz. None of us wanted to deal with a moose cape and the weight.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X