alpacka forager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alpacka forager?

anyone have any firsthand experience with the alpacka forager? especially as it compares to the PR49...They are on sale right now and i've been thinking they look pretty slick, but dont know anyone who has used them firsthand.

I have both, never got a moose this season to load test it, but seems very capable and the internal storage is awesome.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8148 (2).jpg
Views:	180
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	2763756
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

I own a forager as well, but have only used it for fishing. I like the boat. For hunting, I’m struggling to see how a moose fits. Even if Stid gets all his gear in the tubes, and ditches his front passenger, putting 500 pounds of meat and a moose rack in that boat is a stretch. Also realize that, as Stid’s picture demonstrates, the inflatable floor takes up a considerable amount of usable space in the raft.

Comment

Originally posted by greenmachine View Post
        anyone have any firsthand experience with the alpacka forager? especially as it compares to the PR49...They are on sale right now and i've been thinking they look pretty slick, but dont know anyone who has used them firsthand.
        One guy/one Forager isn't going to get a Moose out. Maybe if you boned it out, and it was a small Moose, but even then, forget about your gear and trying to paddle it. Caribou? Sheep? Sure.
        You'd be able to pile the meat in, but you wouldn't have much freeboard. Two guys, a Forager with a Llama or similar along for extra cargo? 2 guys/two Foragers would do it.
        Fighting gravity is never cheap.

Comment

Thanks all. I had not really considered it for moose, but could see it playing backup to other craft for moose hunting. Mainly thinking caribou, which it sounds like its more than capable of.

Comment

Steve, i think i've floated that area! LOL Love it!
            https://pristineventures.com

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X