Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• masedavas2d
    replied
    The Pro Pioneer was designed specifically for the Alaskan Float Hunter! It can carry 2 hunters and a moose plus a week's worth of gear. A single hunter can carry a moose, a caribou, and a bear all in one load I made my own motor mount.It worked great! mazuzee fishing line I used a 90lb thrust Minkota electric motor. The only problem I had was that it sat way back on the stern and it sat a little low. my weight plus the battery. I have a few adjustments to make but I think it will work fine. I used it on a moose hunt to get me back up a slow-moving slough.
    Last edited by masedavas2d; 1 week ago.

Leave a comment:

• Larry Bartlett
    replied
    I don't advertise the motor mount we offer for the Pioneer Xstream, Legend and Levitator because they are made by a customer in MI who builds them in small qtys for Pristine Ventures. It's not his business model so it's low key when i have them. Most Alaskans are genius bush engineers, IMO and have usually made themselves a functional transom like these guys. As soon as COVID allows it, I'll work with university engineers to help me created a lightweight non-metal system. No promises on timeline but it's on my short list.

Leave a comment:

• Larry Bartlett
    replied
    Man that's sharp and functional! Thanks for sharing this.

Leave a comment:

• Yukoner
    replied
    Originally posted by Ridgerat View Post
    I’ll try to post a picture of my pioneer xtreme rowing frame w/ motor mount. I made the frame is a little on the wide side so I could strap two boats together like a cataraft.
    Ive got the same OB. Using it on my Levitator, I was amazed at how well it moved the loaded raft along. Ran for a about 2 hours on maybe 3 cups of fuel.

Leave a comment:

• Ridgerat
    replied
    I’ll try to post a picture of my pioneer xtreme rowing frame w/ motor mount. I made the frame is a little on the wide side so I could strap two boats together like a cataraft.

Leave a comment:

• Segi
    replied
    That's worth thinking about. I had seen the NRS one and had some concerns about how the stern would work out on the Pioneer X-stream. I should get to the bottom of that or make my own.

Leave a comment:

• south coast stu
    replied
    Here's a nice custom made one for a Levitator. Don't see why it wouldn't work for a Pioneer X-stream https://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com...-for-levitator
    NRS appears to make a commercial mount also (link in post).

Leave a comment:

• Segi
    replied
    This was interesting to read about, thanks for posting!

I have been thinking about putting a small outboard on my Pioneer X-stream, as I get sick of rowing it across flat water into the wind, or, some rivers don't seem to be flowing and the wind pushes me upstream. There doesn't seem to be a commercially available option for the Pioneer X-stream. Or is there? Any ideas on how to go about mounting a small outboard on a Pioneer X-stream?

Leave a comment:

• Trashmaster
    replied
    Well I went ahead and bought the motor mount and a long shaft (20") Mercury 4 hp for it. The motor mount frame pieces took a bit to figure out how they all go together. I also drilled and pinned several of the frame piece connections as recommended by the people at SOAR, and added a leash from the outboard to the boat in case the motor rattles loose.

I took the setup out on the Chena River and ran the motor through its first couple hours of breaking-in procedures. A lot of weight had to be added to the bow to keep the boat from rearing too high out of the water and the back end swamping. Once it was balanced it ran nicely. The 4 horse was pretty slow for moving the boat upstream against moderate current. Definitely not suitable for going upstream on say the Tanana or Yukon, but OK for going upstream on slower rivers like the Chatanika or Chena.

Leave a comment:

• Trashmaster
    started a topic Pro pioneer motor mount?

Pro pioneer motor mount?

Has anyone used the SOAR motor mount with their pro pioneer? If so, what motor do you use with it (hp, shaft length) and would you recommend it?

I can't seem to find any reviews of it and only see passing mentions on this forum and elsewhere. Its rather spendy so I'd like to see what people who have used it think before I purchase. Thanks for any help!

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X